file Forgery - when is it usable?

29 Mar 2013 14:29 #46382 by ReverendRevolver
Forgery has plenty of uses!

Why, just earlier this week i was reading the clqn novel anthology book and misplaced the lego mummy pice of cardboard i was using to keep my place. So i maticulously dug throu my cards for something i just havr too mqny to ever use all of, if any at all. After debating why the hell elder intrrvention and pack tactics are the SAME FREAKING CARD in reverse, i decided that maybe if i ever use everthing else in a deck, ill use those+legwork to block.

So i looked at forgery. I just so happen to have an even 30 of them, so, fivurimg if i evrr use it even a bad deck needs not more than 12, i relized it was an OPTIMAL bookmark.

And that i needed to be reading 17 more books while reading this one. Then i came across bloodwork, and realizedthere arent that many books in this country.....

Seriously though, the mention of homonoculous madness is worth a try. Googly moogly witb gregor both run low on blood, using lord fiona and bela is on mu bucket list, so i can try lower capacity vamps, and im sure a mix of kindred spirits with forgery will be vital for blood management with the lower capacity vampires.

Something to remember is forgery will never be an optimal card, dont look for me to win a tournament witb it anymore than you should expect me go get a nobel prize for bookmark choices. But that, no reason to not build a fun deck with it.
Blood brothers were mentioned earlier, and with forgery, redistribution, the hungry coyote, and perfectionist, they can become a freaking bloat engine. Not usi.g all of those every turn, but if 2 of 4 bb gain 1-2 blood and you move it around, you can afford to feasibly take 1 blood from each of them every untap via bd, veszel, or tribute. Makes a world of difderence to surviving with them lategame.

Or, again, build a fun deck to say youve used forgery. Im building a hellhound wall. We can meet up at a tourney with both and see if the table voes to one of us just due to people underestimating a deck for weak cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2013 15:10 #46385 by Ohlmann
I would say it's that kind of card which are not powerful enough to be staple, but not weak enough to be unplayable. After all, it's kind of a hunt that hurt your opponent. And it's a blood engine that require neither dedicated minion action nor master phase action, something reasonably rare.

Compare and contrast with Eye of the dead, which never do anything useful as printed, or Twisting the Knife, who 99% of the time have better card to do the same thing with added versatility and/or less cost.

More
29 Mar 2013 20:40 #46388 by ReverendRevolver
Ohlmann, comparing anything playable to eyes of the dead is akin to comparin Arika to appolonious.

The problem i see with it iw that there is nothing yet to be thought up and played extensively that needs a hunt that bleeds as an action card more than they need a bleed@+1 or a hunt action for 2 or more.
Also, a deck built around forgery wouldnt be bad if forgery worked with smaller vamps. Its just almost good.

Uses: midcap monkey wrench anarchs
Spying mission decks.
Midcap dom for in a weird meta.
Aus for midcap walls.
Some samedi builds that go heavy on dead hookers and multiacting.

Its meh, but playable.

More
30 Mar 2013 17:46 #46411 by brandonsantacruz
Forgery
Action
Requires a ready vampire with capacity 5 or more.
(D) Bleed. If the bleed is successful, this acting vampire gains 1 blood.

Far too many requirements and drawbacks to be worth considering for even a semi-serious deck.
-Requires card
-Transient, not permanent effect
-Action card (so you "show your hand" when you announce the action, plus it excludes good actions like Govern bleed)
-Requires a vampire of 5+ capacity
-Bleed has to be successful (i.e. no spying mission, has to resolve for 1+)

Maybe a goofy Transfusion deck could make it usable if you have the Path of Bone in play.

Transfusion
Action Modifier
Thanatosis
Necromancy
[1 Blood]
[nec] Only usable after a successful action. Add 1 blood to a ready vampire.
[thn] As [nec] above, but add 1 life to a ghoul or 1 blood to a ready vampire.
[THN] Only usable after combat if this vampire is still ready and successfully inflicted any damage on the opposing minion in that combat. Put a transfusion counter on the opposing minion. If the minion now has 3 of your transfusion counters, burn them all to take control of that minion. Only one Transfusion may be played at superior each turn.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
30 Mar 2013 18:39 #46413 by TorranceCircle

i just got several forgery from starters. and this card seems so weak to me. Any ideas where it can be useful? ......

when i need blood, i hunt. when i need blood but need to bleed all time i use capitalist or life in the city........

Like you, I have many copies of this card unused. Its on my list of silly hokie fun decks based around cards I don't really use. My idea would be a blood farming type deck. Instead of hunting with bonuses for succesful hunt, why not forgery bleed with stealth and capitalist. This gains two blood for bleeding successfully. Throw in minion taps or blood dolls to syphon some of this blood gain back to your pool? To make the bleeds hurt a little more, You can also add laptops, bleed retainers, and/or leverage.

More
31 Mar 2013 19:56 #46442 by Miasmat
How does Slake the Thirst work with Capitalist and Forgery? Do you get to gain 1 blood (only affect 1 blood-gain effect at a time) or 2 (queue up a bunch of blood gain effects and Slake them all simultaneously)?

Capitalist
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a Sabbat vampire you control. Once per turn, when this vampire successfully bleeds his or her prey, he or she gains 1 blood from the bank. A vampire can have only one archetype.

Forgery
Action
Requires a ready vampire with capacity 5 or more.
(D) Bleed. If the bleed is successful, this acting vampire gains 1 blood.

Slake the Thirst
Sanguinus
:combat: Only usable when this vampire gains blood. Choose another ready Blood Brother of the same circle. That vampire gains the same amount of blood from the bank.
:modifier: As above, but usable as an action modifier.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds