file Will Lilith´s Blessing return?

22 Oct 2013 03:36 #55562 by Juggernaut1981

The fact that they weren't created by VEKN or WW doesn't really say anything about their quality, just more about their chance for public acceptance.

I am on the bandwagon to revisit some previous materials. I'd love to share ideas with you. The fan base wants changes to come from something they see as "official" though. Thus changes require politicking.

RE: Non-VEKN/WW Production.
I agree, there were some howlingly mediocre cards made by WW/WotC at times. When we are talking about 'fan base' remember we are talking about one of the better players in the game heading up both design and play-testing. So I'd be suggesting that these people at least know what a good VTES card should be even without extensive play-testing. "Fan Set" does have more of a "Loony Fan-boy" ring to it, even if you didn't mean it that way.

RE: Acceptance
I'd be suggesting that we already know and have means to get cards accepted. Design them, drop them into the "Card Ideas" area and keep going. The Design Team read the thing, they are listening to ideas...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2013 06:11 #55566 by Amenophobis

@AaronC:
VEKN was created with the help/permission of White Wolf. So its inception was official. No other group has stepped up, made a claim to White Wolf and gained approval as a player organisation.

So yeah, it's about as official as it gets.

That is not correct. The VEKN was created way before WW took over from WotC. It was formed by players, and at first without any "official" sanctus of the company. This changed some time later, when WotC decided to fully abandon VTES, they put the VEKN fully in charge of organised play and rules/rulings/errata.
Maybe Robert Goudie has more to say about how the VEKN was formed. B-)

Here is a tidbit of information from an older post of Damnans, as this has all been discussed before (and will be discussed again):
about VEKN origins

More
22 Oct 2013 06:29 #55567 by Amenophobis

I guess "fan set" has a really negative connotation.
However, there are other fan sets that have also been systematically designed and platested. The fact that they weren't created by VEKN or WW doesn't really say anything about their quality, just more about their chance for public acceptance.

Right. :whistle:
An example would be this set:
Guardians of the Faith

Another one would be our upcoming Laibon set (release date 29th of October - see also our blog .

More
22 Oct 2013 09:15 #55574 by Pascal Bertrand

Now pod don´t seem to happen. Will Lilith´s return?

Yes, though I don't know exactly when. PoD news got a bit in my plans of reintroducing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Ashur, ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds