file Spoils of War - playable?

04 Nov 2013 15:05 #56225 by ReverendRevolver

Hektor + Armin Bremner, Vote/Bleed. Yes, they can punch people in the face if necessary, but they don't *need* to, that's just a bonus. Play them like Toreador instead, and just gain Blood & Pool willy-nilly from the Spoils.

Using Spoils of War to try to turn more or less every bleed action into a +1 stealth Kindred Spirits action using Resist Earth's Grasp was more or less my first reaction on seeing the card. (For giggles, use Cat Burglary or Fleetness for the occasional +2 stealth!) Say, Sarah Brando, Victor Tolliver, Dodd, and Rigby to get CEL, with a scattering of cel vampires. Or, as has already been suggested, the Anarch Power of One route, with pre.

I'm not 100% convinced I like the direction that takes the !Brujah, but it certainly seems viable.

Power of one with some resist earths grasp could be theoretically doable, with social charm/legal manip so you gain enough pool. The real problem is having minioms with the disciplines to make it matter. I suppose running cloak the gathering with doctor s would make him useful finally, and his special is remotely cool.

But bolting dementation on is accomishing similar things.

Its not groundbreakingly great, ita just playable.

The bloodgain is only to slightly offest cost of possible celerity stealth or maybe the cost of the action for legal manip, and its doable to run abbot and some kind of neat ish combat package, so all you really do is have limited defense in exchange for more expendable pool. Its less good than !toreador, with thier bleed and vote pumping masters,and an action that just says "gain two pool".

And you can go the black hand route and possibly use the art of memory. And or ashur tablets.

Its still alot of setup to gain some pool on actions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2013 19:14 #56246 by Lönkka

(For giggles, use Cat Burglary...

You sick in the head... ? :P

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Nov 2013 05:47 #56254 by jamesatzephyr

(For giggles, use Cat Burglary...

You sick in the head... ? :P

Darn tootin'. Though in a low-ish stealth deck like Spoils of War+Resist Earth's Grasp would probably be, having one or two other sources of stealth isn't totally awful, to throw out your prey's thoughts that go "Well, this Precognition will stop one bleed..." I mean, like maybe one or two copies.

More
05 Nov 2013 07:46 #56255 by Lönkka

Darn tootin'. Though in a low-ish stealth deck like Spoils of War+Resist Earth's Grasp would probably be, having one or two other sources of stealth isn't totally awful

I've totally forgotten that it has inheritent +1 stealth!
Yeah, a couple of copies could certainly be justified.

And, as an added bonus you can also backoust with it :whistle:

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Nov 2013 09:51 #56259 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Spoils of War - playable?

Darn tootin'. Though in a low-ish stealth deck like Spoils of War+Resist Earth's Grasp would probably be, having one or two other sources of stealth isn't totally awful

I've totally forgotten that it has inheritent +1 stealth!
Yeah, a couple of copies could certainly be justified.

And, as an added bonus you can also backoust with it :whistle:

WOW, I´m totally searching for all those Cat Burglarys at the bottom of my wardrobe right now. What a deck!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
05 Nov 2013 10:54 #56264 by Klaital
Or you could use Fleetness instead that is like cat burglary except you can use it as a rush too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds