file Spoils of War - playable?

01 Nov 2013 13:49 #56090 by jamesatzephyr

Spoils of War has an interesting non-restriction: A minion can play it many times per turn. Freak Drive + Spoils of War anyone?

For a smaller minion rush deck, which would be much more reliable, I would use Increased Strength + Thrown Gate + Spoils of War. S:CE? No problem, I still get blood and pool. You could do Haven Uncovered and/or Frontal Assault (double down on pool gain).

Spoils of War is totally playable.

For smaller minion rush, the tricky aspect is that you need the action to be successful. Blocking a zero-stealth rush action is fairly easy, and can be denying them the maneuver or whatever on the rush too. I'd expect to see many more potential blockers thinking "Oh, that's a !Brujah rushing me? Well..."

So if you're including a non-trivial number of Spoils of War in your deck (6-8+?), you could get into the nasty area where a bruise deck clogs its own hand e.g. the bruise-bleed deck that ends up with a hand full of bleed mods when it really wants an IG and a Disarm, or whatever. Analogous situation here.

Haven Uncovered is a neat option, though, if somewhat expensive in terms of what else you could be doing with a Master Phase action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2013 09:31 #56120 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Spoils of War - playable?

So if you're including a non-trivial number of Spoils of War in your deck (6-8+?), you could get into the nasty area where a bruise deck clogs its own hand e.g. the bruise-bleed deck that ends up with a hand full of bleed mods when it really wants an IG and a Disarm, or whatever. Analogous situation here.

Yes. It would have been nice with a card that was a bit easier to cycle.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
02 Nov 2013 10:28 #56121 by Asnek
Replied by Asnek on topic Re: Spoils of War - playable?
Hector is your aim guys.
i have builded hector multirush recently and playing spoils of war really helped me. i'm playing just 6 of them but i'm considering higher number.
remember you don't have to knock them down!!! action just have to be sucessfull...
Combo mentioned above for freak drive (forced march) and then spoiles worked nice and saved myass in one of the games. i was not able to kill all DEM weenies in one turn but pool gain saved me for another turn. blood gain justsaved me a lot of space as i played spoiles instead of prevents.

Espirit the corpse is just another nice tech for this deck to be more effective... i have dropped all torn signposts for them and it's lovely...

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
04 Nov 2013 09:08 #56208 by Shockwave
I was thinking...

Hektor + Armin Bremner, Vote/Bleed. Yes, they can punch people in the face if necessary, but they don't *need* to, that's just a bonus. Play them like Toreador instead, and just gain Blood & Pool willy-nilly from the Spoils.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
04 Nov 2013 09:23 #56209 by Klaital

I was thinking...

Hektor + Armin Bremner, Vote/Bleed. Yes, they can punch people in the face if necessary, but they don't *need* to, that's just a bonus. Play them like Toreador instead, and just gain Blood & Pool willy-nilly from the Spoils.

Don't forget Dark Selina who goes perfectly with them.

More
04 Nov 2013 11:23 - 04 Nov 2013 11:24 #56213 by jamesatzephyr

Using Spoils of War to try to turn more or less every bleed action into a +1 stealth Kindred Spirits action using Resist Earth's Grasp was more or less my first reaction on seeing the card. (For giggles, use Cat Burglary or Fleetness for the occasional +2 stealth!) Say, Sarah Brando, Victor Tolliver, Dodd, and Rigby to get CEL, with a scattering of cel vampires. Or, as has already been suggested, the Anarch Power of One route, with pre.

I'm not 100% convinced I like the direction that takes the !Brujah, but it certainly seems viable.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2013 11:24 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds