file Imbued vs Xeper

07 Jan 2014 11:49 #58297 by Ylly
Replied by Ylly on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

IMHO a reversal is needed... otherwise, bye bye to imbued @tournaments (at least for me). :(

...and good riddance.
The game is named Vampire, not Vampire Hunters. Never have I understood why the imbued and the whole set was published...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 11:50 #58298 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

IMHO a reversal is needed... otherwise, bye bye to imbued @tournaments (at least for me). :(

Given that there doesn't appear to have been a spate of Imbued decks being crushed left, right and centre by the relevant vampires, why would they suddenly go bye-bye now? This isn't new. Do you also not play weenie vampires because your prey might play Durga Syn or Justine, Elder of Dallas?

Further, I'm confused as to why people's only reaction to the vampires is to look only at how to block or fail the action, when there are a variety of options to screw the relevant vampire up in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
07 Jan 2014 12:23 #58299 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
The whole concept of the game is rock-paper-scissors. I don't see why imbued should be spared from that.

Even further, their special rules are that far from the general play, that means "oh hi, just so you know, *I* wanted to play imbued so *you* have to memorise some more rules, which won't be relevant until *I* decide to play again with them). It's not that bad as I wrote down, but somewhere along the lines ;)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
07 Jan 2014 16:56 #58307 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

Eh those vampires aren't exactly common in tournaments, I have never seen Juniper in play, Sebastian not in many years, Xeper occasionally but not that often. Thats like saying that you can't play big caps because pentex subversion exists (which is btw a lot more common card in tournaments than any of the anti-ally vampires).

More
07 Jan 2014 19:46 #58317 by Drugo
Replied by Drugo on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
admittedly, I haven't seen many of these vampires in tourmaments, so maybe the sky is not falling! :laugh:

On the other hand, I'd love to see more "rock/paper/scissors" un-counterable responses like vampires (or imbued!) with passive abilities like "vampires can only play 1 freak drive per turn" or "methuselahs may play only 1 master card per turn" (just to mess with Una and Girls decks too).

ps - Pentex on a only-superior-obfuscate Baali group vampire? it will last for sure! Better be his slave and beg for 2 point while handing him the table.
;)

More
07 Jan 2014 20:58 #58322 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

On the other hand, I'd love to see more "rock/paper/scissors" un-counterable responses like vampires (or imbued!) with passive abilities like "vampires can only play 1 freak drive per turn" or "methuselahs may play only 1 master card per turn" (just to mess with Una and Girls decks too).

Err... could you clarify why a vampire who has to take actions to steal an Imbued requires an immediate reversal, but a vampire with a passive ability that screws whole deck types is to be encouraged?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds