lock Ban of Conditioning

27 Nov 2016 20:48 #79281 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Ban of Conditioning
Removing Govern, Conditioning or Deflection would lead to more Scouting Missions, Threats and Redirections.
Dominate would lose some hosing power, but would it make it less predominant? We're only conjecturing here about the consequences.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka
The topic has been locked.
More
28 Nov 2016 07:19 #79286 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Ban of Conditioning

Removing Govern, Conditioning or Deflection would lead to more Scouting Missions, Threats and Redirections.
Dominate would lose some hosing power, but would it make it less predominant? We're only conjecturing here about the consequences.

While I´m not totally against this (especially in a new game format), this would seriously hamper MANY decks, especially toolboxy ones like Stickmen. You need that extra power to be able to oust when you´re deck is not focused. So doing this will likely result in more focused decks, less toolboxes, and that is not great IMHO.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
More
28 Nov 2016 09:05 #79290 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Ban of Conditioning

Stickmen.

Switching Conditioning for Threats saves you 6 blood. So you can remove some defence (no conditioning from your predator is a factor also) and add more offence.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
More
28 Nov 2016 11:29 #79294 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Ban of Conditioning

Switching Conditioning for Threats saves you 6 blood. So you can remove some defence (no conditioning from your predator is a factor also) and add more offence.[/quote]So why on earth are majority of decks using Conditioning then?

I have no problems having cards in VTES that end games on time.
Conditioning, as well as Deflection and Govern do just that.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
  • Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Nov 2016 12:21 #79297 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Ban of Conditioning

Switching Conditioning for Threats saves you 6 blood. So you can remove some defence (no conditioning from your predator is a factor also) and add more offence.

If you play regulary in a highly competitive environment you should know switching Conditionings for Threats is NOT GOOD.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka
More
28 Nov 2016 14:23 - 28 Nov 2016 14:23 #79305 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Ban of Conditioning

switching Conditionings for Threats is NOT GOOD.

Obviously the deck will became weaker. Weenie dominate will be, suddenly, weaker too!

If Conditioning can be switched by other card without losing anything, than there will be no point in banning it.

But I think that Stickmen still will be quite playable.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 14:23 by elotar.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds