file We don' need no stinkin' Potence!

05 Mar 2011 13:24 #2087 by Haze

I think there is plenty of reason to use Laptop Computers.
Camera phones provide the bleed action, so you cannot use bleed-action-cards while using a Camera Phone.

Laptop Computers ADD bleed to another action. That difference can be crucial in a displineless deck, since you often do not have many bleed-action-mods and limited bleed-action choices to gain +bleed. It might be able to benefit from NRA PAC or Pier 13, but realistically NRA PAC will do little for a deck that isn't going to be aggressively defending with limited minions. This deck, and variations of it, will require more grunt to oust things like dominate-heavy decks. That 1 pool cost is worth it in the medium to long term.

what about camera phone + leverage as extrala suggested? practically just as good, you save some pool and the only difference is the card cycling. a deck with combat cards would rather cycle the computer hack up front to draw into signposts and grapples. but since you don't have to worry about combat cards, holding onto the leverage for next action is not a huge deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2011 23:01 #2104 by Juggernaut1981
Leverage requires the edge IIRC. Computer Hacking does not. Personally I feel, for a little more cost, there is greater reliability in the medium term. I don't this is going to be a fast ousting deck (it's certainly not mid-cap powerbleed), so I personally feel you'd be better hedging your bets by keeping the laptops around for later.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Mar 2011 09:43 #2115 by Hakuron
Since many of your vampires habe pre, why not solving the "bleed problem" by mixing in cards like Enchant Kinderd or Public Trust?

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
06 Mar 2011 20:27 #2151 by Juggernaut1981
The intent is to make the deck disciplineless. Basically doing the one thing people rarely thing of doing with Brujah... not using Cel, Pot or Pre in any way. Hence the Brujah Debates & Laptops. Brujah Debate + T:Vitals can provide a serious way to land a big punch without having to play Flash, Grapple, Torn Signpost, Preternatural/Heroic... Laptops + Computer Hack allows a no-blood-cost 3-bleed that can be repeated as much as I have Computer Hacks.

More
06 Mar 2011 20:47 #2152 by Hakuron
Now I realise it ... but then you should think about playing with Blood Weakens and Veil of Darkness, shouldn't you? :evil:

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
06 Mar 2011 20:53 #2153 by Juggernaut1981
Hadn't thought of those honestly. Probably should. Especially in the Prince-type one.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds