file We don' need no stinkin' Potence!

01 Mar 2011 20:12 #2000 by Juggernaut1981

I'm worried about how this will flow. In terms of when you play your cards, out of 84, you have:
48 actions
12 master
14 reaction
10 combat
That means you intend to take 4 action-card actions a turn, play one reaction between most turns, and only get into one combat over the whole process? Doesn't sound right to me, especially when you consider that you will lose one action for having Debate(s) in play each turn.

I also note that none of your master cards speed up your crypt; that might be something good to consider in a deck like this.

Finally, while Target Vitals is an amazing card, even small amounts of combat defense counteract a good chunk of your combat offense. Some more diverse options might be useful here.

If I were building the deck, it might look a little like this:
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=5593

I deliberately want to avoid Camera Phones, since they provide the bleed action. Laptop + Computer Hack = 3 bleed. I understand there are a lot of actions in the deck, but I also plan to be taking lots of actions. Plus, I also think that once I have one or two princes out, I will probably just dump any Praxis Seizures and Brujah Justicars.

As far as combat cards or blocking is concerned, I don't plan to use the Target Vitals every last time. Since most of the standard defences (Majesty) are ignored, I don't mind if they bleed Majesties like blood there are 3+ minions waiting. I plan to spend a considerable amount of time choosing if I should be at close or long, and if it's close and I need to, then I will play Target Vitals. Trying to keep the master count down low, specifically because I know I am likely to keep on burning through those actions. As far as Crypt Acceleration goes, something had to give to try stop this thing being a full 90 cards.

@Drain: Hence the media locations. I plan to keep defending those debates partly through 2nd Trads and partly through Media + OtQV.

@DrMafrune: Sure, other groupings will also work. All I'm really looking for is a cheap Brujah Prince and some other vampires.

@Boris: Yeah probably should put in some, espeically for the Baby-Maker.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2011 20:18 #2001 by Juggernaut1981
Here is a variation suggested by one of my playgroup members. We both kind of landed on the same core concept on Monday Night.

Weenie Brujah w/ Brujah Debates breeding and bleeding/rushing/voting. His is more of the bleed-kill-eat variety. Basically no political defence as well.

Deck Name : We Don't Need No Stinkin' Disciplines!
Author : Marty 'the Man' Collins
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.08333

2x Angel 2 cel Brujah:1
2x Lupo 2 pot Brujah:1
1x Brachah 5 CEL PRE for Brujah:2
1x Volker, The Puppet 5 CEL pot prince Brujah:2
1x Hector Sosa 4 POT pre Brujah:1
1x Yuri, The Talon 4 cel pot pre Brujah:1
1x Dre, Leader of the 3 cel pot Brujah:1
1x Raziya Samater 3 ani pot Brujah:2
1x Uma Hatch 3 cel pre Brujah:1
1x Vasilis, The Trait 2 pre Brujah:2

Library [85 cards]

Action [20]
10x Computer Hacking
10x Embrace, The

Ally [6]
1x Arms Dealer
1x Gregory Winter
4x Procurer

Combat [8]
8x Concealed Weapon

Equipment [21]
4x Cooler
6x Laptop Computer
2x Sport Bike
1x Tapestry of Blood
8x Wooden Stake

Master [19]
1x Al's Army Apparatus
6x Brujah Debate
1x Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
1x KRCG News Radio
1x London Evening Star, Tabloid Newspaper
4x Tribute to the Master
4x Vessel
1x Warzone Hunting Ground

Reaction [8]
8x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [3]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Mr. Winthrop
1x Tasha Morgan

More
03 Mar 2011 23:25 #2054 by Dr.Mafrune
I don´t see really the point of adding that much equipment to a Brujah Debate deck. But if you want to try at least use some equipment friendly cards, like NRA Pac or Pier,14.
Don´t ever use laptops again, cameras have no cost and make pretty much the same.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
04 Mar 2011 01:27 #2055 by Juggernaut1981
I think there is plenty of reason to use Laptop Computers.
Camera phones provide the bleed action, so you cannot use bleed-action-cards while using a Camera Phone.

Laptop Computers ADD bleed to another action. That difference can be crucial in a displineless deck, since you often do not have many bleed-action-mods and limited bleed-action choices to gain +bleed. It might be able to benefit from NRA PAC or Pier 13, but realistically NRA PAC will do little for a deck that isn't going to be aggressively defending with limited minions. This deck, and variations of it, will require more grunt to oust things like dominate-heavy decks. That 1 pool cost is worth it in the medium to long term.

The idea of this Brujah Debate deck is not to build a rushing-smashing-Fame-using combat deck. It's about creating an interesting deck that utilises Brujah Debate instead of worrying about Cel & Pot combat cards.

More
04 Mar 2011 09:10 - 04 Mar 2011 09:11 #2063 by alf

Library [85 cards]

Master [19]
6x Brujah Debate

These seem a bit low to me, as was already stated I think.
Without 1 or two Debates in play you're not very frightening.
And people will start removing those in play, as soon as they see what your deck is doing without them.
At least that's what I experienced while playing against such a deck.

Cheers
Alf

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>
Last edit: 04 Mar 2011 09:11 by alf.

More
05 Mar 2011 05:33 #2078 by Juggernaut1981
Sure, I can probably afford to put the extras in or trim down the size so the mix is about 10%. I'm not saying that it's probably not a good idea, I sort of doubt my chances of getting 8 Brujah Debates... I have about 4 now and that took a WHILE...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds