file Enkidu gets some help from the Spirts

23 Mar 2011 17:50 #2773 by Pullen
This is a dumb idea I had where I make Enkidu an :ahri: and beat people up with hand agg and lots of presses, neef to fit Heidelberg in here and then test it out, tear apart as you see fit.

Crypt [12 vampires, average capacity: 7.33333]
5x Enkidu, The Noah :ANI: :CEL: :OBF: :POT: :PRO: :for: :cap11: !gang!
1x Janey Pickman :ANI: :PRO: :for: :cap6: !gang!
1x Lise :ANI: :FOR: :pot: :pro: :cap6: :gang:
1x Shiloh Marie, Vengeance :ANI: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: :gang:
1x Celeste Lamontagne :ANI: :PRO: :for: :cap5: !gang!
1x Jezebelle :ani: :for: :pro: :cap4: :gang:
1x Bill Butler :pot: :pro: :cap3: !gang!
1x Fergus Alexander :pot: :pro: :cap3: :gang:

Library [90 cards]
Master [22]
7x Ashur Tablets
1x Blessing of the Beast
2x Fame
5x Feral Spirit
2x Path of Harmony, The
5x Vessel

Action [13]
5x Charge of the Buffalo
3x Deep Song
5x Visionquest

Action Modifier [11]
5x Freak Drive
3x Mole's Tunneling
3x Squirrel Balance

Ally [2]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x High Top

Combat / Action [5]
5x Spirit Claws

Combat/Action Modifier [3]
3x Swiftness of the Stag

Reaction [14]
3x Cats' Guidance
2x Ears of the Hare
3x Falcon's Eye
2x Sense the Savage Way
4x Speak with Spirits

Retainer [2]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Tasha Morgan

Combat [18]
6x Immortal Grapple
3x Skin of Steel
6x Strength of the Bear
3x Superior Mettle

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2011 19:19 - 23 Mar 2011 19:22 #2776 by Kushiel
I understand that you have other Gangrel and !Gangrel in the crypt so that the Feral Spirits don't become completely dead cards once Enkidu has become a cat lady, but having no one in the crypt who can play any of the 42(!) cards in the deck which require Spiritus or Ahrimanes, and only having five Feral Spirit out of ninety cards, seems like a total nutpunch. It seems very likely that you won't be able to cycle the half of your deck that you literally can't play at all to get to the few cards that allow you to play the rest. Essentially, you've got a really massive boulder resting on a really tiny lever here.

What's the point of making Enkidu an Ahrimane, given that he can already do what you mention in the deck's description (beat people up with hand agg and lots of presses) without needing to have Spiritus/Ahrimaneness? Is it focused on being a joke deck? I ask this not in the spirit of jerkitude but because it's difficult to give advice when it's not really clear what your motivation here is.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2011 19:22 by Kushiel.

More
23 Mar 2011 20:15 #2779 by Pullen

I understand that you have other Gangrel and !Gangrel in the crypt so that the Feral Spirits don't become completely dead cards once Enkidu has become a cat lady, but having no one in the crypt who can play any of the 42(!) cards in the deck which require Spiritus or Ahrimanes, and only having five Feral Spirit out of ninety cards, seems like a total nutpunch. It seems very likely that you won't be able to cycle the half of your deck that you literally can't play at all to get to the few cards that allow you to play the rest. Essentially, you've got a really massive boulder resting on a really tiny lever here.

Well I kinda threw this together and didn't really think it all the way threw,I can use most of the out-ferior's on the :SPI: cards, but yeah, 2-3 more Feral Spirit might be a good idea. I'm thinking of dropping the Ashur's for 2 Feral Spirit's and 2 Heidelberg. The other card slots going to combat, but I'm not sure about dropping them.

What's the point of making Enkidu an Ahrimane, given that he can already do what you mention in the deck's description (beat people up with hand agg and lots of presses) without needing to have Spiritus/Ahrimaneness? Is it focused on being a joke deck? I ask this not in the spirit of jerkitude but because it's difficult to give advice when it's not really clear what your motivation here is.

First, don't worry about being a jerk, I said rip it apart for a reason. Second, I said it was a "dumb idea" because every time I see Feral Spirit, I want to build this deck, that and theirs a player in my play group who has a bit of a hate-on for Enkidu, so I wanted to build something he hasn't seen yet.

More
23 Mar 2011 21:24 #2786 by DeathInABottle
I'll echo what Kushiel said (why would you bolt on Spiritus in order to give +1 strength to a vampire that already hits for 3 at a cost of one blood when he could just use Potence instead?) and add that I agree that you should drop the Ashurs. Unless you face a whole lot of Brinksmanship where you are, there's never a reason to add Ashurs to a deck that runs 90 cards.

More
23 Mar 2011 21:51 #2787 by Pullen

I'll echo what Kushiel said (why would you bolt on Spiritus in order to give +1 strength to a vampire that already hits for 3 at a cost of one blood when he could just use Potence instead?) and add that I agree that you should drop the Ashurs. Unless you face a whole lot of Brinksmanship where you are, there's never a reason to add Ashurs to a deck that runs 90 cards.

I already explained why I want to, but to elaborate, I like build decks that will be a challenge to play as well as fun to play, when I turn the big bad ass dragon into a girl, people at the table will wonder what the hell I'm doing, this works in my favor.

Also, I run Ashur's in 90 card because I deck 90 card decks all the time, did it last Friday with a wall deck. Really depends on how you play, I cycle as much as possible for many reasons, digging, reaction to what others are playing, feinting that I could do something that I plain on not doing, ext.

More
23 Mar 2011 22:17 #2788 by CryWolf
Consider adding 3x Muricia to at least increase the chances that Enkidu becomes :ahri: more quickly.

Maybe a crypt with:
4x Enkidu
3x Muricia
1x weenie :ahri:
X weenie !gang!

With some Wider View, it can work.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds