file Lasombra anarchs

25 Mar 2011 07:24 - 25 Mar 2011 07:30 #2835 by Steinar
Lasombra anarchs was created by Steinar
Hi!

This is a deck consept i've been working on for some time. I have tuned it several times after playing it, but I got bored since I never got more than 1 VP in a game. I think the concept is good though so I want to give it another try. Any sugestions on how to make it work would be nice.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 4.5

4x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:0
2x Lucita 8 DOM FOR OBT cel pot Lasombra:2
2x Aurora Van Brande, 6 OBT dom for pot Lasombra:2
2x Talley, the Hound 6 OBT POT aus dom Lasombra:2
2x Guido Lucciano 5 OBT dom obf Lasombra:2

Library [79 cards]

Action [15]
7x Bum's Rush
5x Govern the Unaligned
3x Graverobbing

Action Modifier [5]
5x Conditioning

Combat [31]
8x Arms of the Abyss
8x Entombment
10x Groundfighting
5x Hell-for-Leather

Equipment [1]
1x Ivory Bow

Master [17]
1x Anarch Railroad
5x Blood Doll
1x Elysian Fields
3x Fame
1x Inceptor
2x Path of Night, The
1x Tension in the Ranks
3x Twilight Camp

Reaction [10]
6x Deflection
4x On the Qui Vive

1. How do you intend to oust?
The idea is to hit vamps in torpor with entombment and cause the player to burn pool from tension in the ranks, fame and hell-for-leather. In addition to bleeding

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Deflections against bleeds, the ability to back-rush.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Three vampires, all anarch

4. What do you want your average turn to look like?
One rush, with the combo entombment, hell-for-leather, fame.
At least one bleed action

5. What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Mixed. Allways a vote deck or two at the table, toolbox, allways one bleeder. Few rush-combat decks

6. What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
My initial problem was to get the combo; bums rush, entombment, hell-for-leather on my hand. After I ripped the deck down it became better but is still the main problem. Another problem is that the defence is weak, due to the concentration of offensive cards.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2011 07:30 by Steinar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2011 07:27 #2836 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
XML attachments are not allowed by the forum software.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
25 Mar 2011 10:20 #2840 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
For the crypt, have you considered Henri Lavenent and/or Tobias Smith? Both are 7 caps with :DOM: :OBT: , and Henri has the very useful +1 handsize during combat.
For the combat, unless you see a lot of Immortal Grapple, I wouldn't have that many Groundfighting. I suggest turning some of them into more Hell for Leather or Entombment.
You might also benefit from some card cycling masters (eg. Barrens, Dreams of the Sphinx), both to help you get your combo, and to help you defend.
For the other masters, I'd test with less Twilight Camps, more Tensions, and drop the Inceptor.
As you're seeing a lot of vote decks, you might think about adding a couple of copies of Delaying Tactics.

More
25 Mar 2011 14:56 #2858 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
I would think about including some Political Struggles. It vote defence and rush in a single card

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steinar

More
28 Mar 2011 03:26 #2917 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
Entombment is nice and all, and does get around fortitude etc, but I think I'd seriously consider Disarm instead. Compare:
- Arms + Entomb sends the opponent to torpor with full blood, and costs you 2 blood
- Arms + disarm sends the opponent to torpor with one less blood than they started, gives them -1 strength in the future, and is free.

Maybe a mix of the two is the right choice? If you did that, you'd probably also be able to ditch the Path of the Nights. One downside is that you probably wouldn't want Guido around at that point, so a crypt change might be required.

I'm not sure about Govern in here. Given your crypt, only Lucita has the DOM to play it at superior, and you are only running two copies of her. Again, a crypt change might help - trading Guido for 1x Henri Lavenant and 1x Tobias Smith would give you a DOM guy in 90%+ of games. But if you don't change the crypt, I think these should either turn into Conditioning or just go.

You might also be able to adjust your crypt down in size a bit if you consider that Hell-for-Leather at ani works the same way as Arms at OBT. If you're going the Disarm route, ani pot obt is just as good as pot OBT, and a bit easier to find. If you have both an Hell-for-Leather and an Arms in hand, you can even get by with cel pot obt - though that's a bit card-intensive.

I'd also consider a copy of Steely Tenacity or two, and certainly a Flames of Insurrection and a Blood Turnip.

Not sure I'd want the stealth masters. I mean, sure it's great to have your rushes land on the Famous guy, but it seems like a kinda marginal way to spend 2 pool. As for bleeds, I don't see that really helping you land those; if your prey is playing bounce, they'll bounce you with or without stealth, and if they are playing a wall deck that +1 or +2 stealth won't do much but help them cycle.

Your defense is quite low, like you say. I'd give it more cards slots, and even up the wake vs bounce ratio.

More
28 Mar 2011 05:58 #2921 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs

My initial problem was to get the combo; bums rush, entombment, hell-for-leather on my hand. After I ripped the deck down it became better but is still the main problem. Another problem is that the defence is weak, due to the concentration of offensive cards.

This is an almost *perfect* example of a deck that should never be built, unless you're willing to spend time being miserable trying to get it to work, and even then your tears of unfathomable sadness will likely not fuel the engine of Victory Points which you believe you've created.

You're using a difficult archetype (bruise-bleed), working with an unstable deck concept (Anarchs), not utilizing that concept's strongest cards (where are your Anarch Revolts?), relying on a multi-card combo (your three cards from above), a combo which is defeated utterly and forever with a *single* card (any s:ce), and using vampires which are not well-suited to the deck (notice their large capacity and superior disciplines).

I'm not sure what else there is to say, except that I'd find some way to negate s:ce or not proceed any further.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds