file Lasombra anarchs

29 Mar 2011 00:35 #2965 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
I think Kevin might be right here.(oh blasphemy!) If your goal is to try to have fun pulling off the combo it will be fun for you. I have decks like this, where the value of pulling off the combo is more to me then the VPs (this can be read as I am not a good player). If you are planning on VPs coming with it regularly, it might not work so well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2011 05:12 #2977 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
I think that's a bit of a strong statement there, Kevin!

First, I wouldn't call this bruise bleed. The intention seems to oust via standard rush combat stuff like Fame, Tension, and maybe a bit of Hell-for-Leather if it works out. Splashing a couple of Conditionings in there to be able to take advantage of an opening is just good sense in a deck like this with a chain on every minion. There may be a bit too much when you consider the Governs as well, but Governs don't only go forward, so that's mainly just a crypt issue.

The Anarch stuff isn't hyper-stable, but it's a lot better than before Convert was around, and many of the cards in here work without it or can be held onto until it's available.

The combat combo doesn't work against S:CE, but it's only going to drop 0-1 cards before the opposing S:CE shows up. It's a lot less weak against S:CE than, say, Carrion Crows/Aid From Bats or Trap/Apparition, and both of those see regular play. And some metagames don't have much S:CE at all - like mine right now, for example.

I strongly disagree that Anarch Revolt is one of the best Anarch cards around. It's fragile, can backfire quite easily, and can be easy to work around. I'd rank Anarch Free Press, Powerbase LA, Undue Influence, the Fee Stakes, even Flames of Insurrection higher than Revolt.

More
29 Mar 2011 05:41 #2979 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs

relying on a multi-card combo (your three cards from above),

It can work with just Entombment and Fame, too.

a combo which is defeated utterly and forever with a *single* card (any s:ce),

Eh, basically anything in this game can be defeated utterly with a single card. Bounce, delaying tactics, rolling with the punches... This combo defeats prevent, dodge and hitback (to some extent at least) which is good enough. Making utterly trumpy combat through, I dunno, Drawing Out the Beast + Immortal Grapple + Blood Rage + Claws of the Dead, or something similar, never really works.

I mean, sure, playing the deck should take into account S:CE but that doesn't make the deck unplayable as a concept.

More
29 Mar 2011 07:14 - 29 Mar 2011 07:16 #2985 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs

I think that's a bit of a strong statement there, Kevin!

Perhaps. But better you learn that this is a terrible deck now -- and why -- so that you do not have to taste The Tears Of Unfathomable Sadness. :)

First, I wouldn't call this bruise bleed.

You talk about hitting vampires into torpor and taking bleed actions each turn. You may not call it Bruise-Bleed, but that's the Archetype into which it fits.

The Anarch stuff isn't hyper-stable, but it's a lot better than before Convert was around, and many of the cards in here work without it or can be held onto until it's available.

Anarchs may be a lot better with Convert, but it's still not a good strategy. It's almost never good -- it's really that bad.

The combat combo doesn't work against S:CE, but it's only going to drop 0-1 cards before the opposing S:CE shows up.

Really? I thought it used a 3-card combo, all of which happend before s:ce is played?

And later on, you say your metagame has no s:ce. I'm confused.

It's a lot less weak against S:CE than...

Telling us what your combo is a lot less weak than doesn't make it strong.

And some metagames don't have much S:CE at all - like mine right now, for example.

Ah, now you're inserting more pieces to the puzzle that you didn't tell us about before. But if true, why isn't your 3-card combo getting you VPs?

I strongly disagree that Anarch Revolt is one of the best Anarch cards around.

It sounds like you haven't played the game very long. It's guaranteed pool damage until someone takes a successful action to do something about it, and that often doesn't happen right away, especially if you get the AR early. And if someone *does* stop their game to do something about it, more power to you, since they're reacting and not acting. (Your setup gets better, theirs doesn't, etc.)

relying on a multi-card combo (your three cards from above),

It can work with just Entombment and Fame, too.

And that, too, is defeated by a single s:ce card.

a combo which is defeated utterly and forever with a *single* card (any s:ce),

Eh, basically anything in this game can be defeated utterly with a single card.

Ummmmmm No. This is clearly untrue, and, even if you were speaking metaphorically, doesn't help his deck get any better.

I mean, sure, playing the deck should take into account S:CE but that doesn't make the deck unplayable as a concept.

I never said it was unplayable. Play it, if you like. Have you ever tasted the Tears of Unfathomable Sadness? :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 29 Mar 2011 07:16 by KevinM.

More
29 Mar 2011 08:11 #2986 by Boris The Blade
How about playing this in a Tariq deck? He already kicks ass on his own and giving him Obtenebration is not a problem.

More
29 Mar 2011 08:40 #2987 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Lasombra anarchs
To paraphrase KJM...

Hey while this thing may be fun and all... Expect not to get many VPs and even less GWs. But if you don't care about that, go for gold and play the deck.

I tried making a Lasombra Anarch deck... it mutated pretty quickly into Dom-Obt bleed with an Animalism angle for defence (Guard Dogs is nice when you plan to play lots of Deflections). Mine was the whole Hell-for-Leather + Guns concept (and there were some others in my playgroup using things like Scattershot on a Shotgun) but it basically became good-old garden variety bleed for lots at Obt-Stealth with some combat hit-back and Animalism to untap to deflect bleeds.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds