file Black Magic Woman - Tremere Black Hand Tap-Bleed

11 Jan 2011 22:52 - 22 Mar 2011 02:44 #461 by Dorrinal
EDIT: Skip to version 3 here .
EDIT: Skip to version 2 here .

Selena and Yasmin should be the first vampires in play. Dominion and Remover are there to make it easy to push bleeds through; use Rutor's Hand to untap after Remover (or maybe Census Taker). Perfectionist helps recoup the cost of Rutor's Hand and Govern the Unaligned. Mirror Walk prevents combat while acting; Wind Dance should be saved for blocking. Features an Auspex-based defense (instead of just Deflection) for some intercept.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 6 average: 5.08333
3x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
2x Yasmin the Black 6 AUS THA dom pre !Tremere:3
2x Aisling Sturbridge 5 AUS THA dom Tremere:2
2x Hannigan 5 AUS THA dom !Tremere:2
1x Cohn Rose 5 THA aus dom pre Tremere:3
1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3

Library [60 cards]
Action [12]
9x Govern the Unaligned
3x Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier [11]
2x Conditioning
9x Mirror Walk

Combat [7]
7x Wind Dance

Master [13]
1x Census Taker
1x Dominate
2x Dominion
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
2x Perfectionist
2x Remover
1x University Hunting Ground
2x Vessel
1x Wider View

Reaction [17]
6x Eyes of Argus
3x My Enemy's Enemy
4x On the Qui Vive
4x Telepathic Misdirection

:trem:
Last edit: 22 Mar 2011 02:44 by Dorrinal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2011 22:52 - 11 Jan 2011 23:13 #462 by Dorrinal
I've been toying with the deck concept, on and off, for years. I really like the synergy between Rutor's Hand and Remover. Let me talk about some of the issues I'm having right now:

Why Selena/Yasmin instead of Ash/Cameron?
I prefer to combine Selena's DOM with Aisling and Hannigan. I didn't like the supporting crypt options for Ash.

60 cards? You should add x, y, and z...
I'm keeping the ratios tight to promote early draws of key cards. I've run 80 and 90 card versions of the deck but in the end all I ever wanted was more bleed. I'm totally open to suggestions, but tell me why it's better than bleeding for 3.

You're vulnerable to Sudden Reversal.
Got me there. I would like to add action-based tapping, probably in the form of Art's Traumatic Essence. But every time I add that stuff to this kind of deck I don't use it. Looking for suggestions here.

This deck loses to Animalism. Hard.
This one really bothers me. My only answer right now would be to increase the size of the deck to add Movement of the Mind and Theft of Vitae.

I appreciate any comments addressing the deck, my current concerns, and anything else you can come up with.

Last edit: 11 Jan 2011 23:13 by Dorrinal.

More
12 Jan 2011 00:41 #466 by Juggernaut1981
I also don't think you're that likely to get Selena AND Yasmine... I don't mind the deck otherwise.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Jan 2011 04:10 - 12 Jan 2011 04:14 #467 by DJ_Assface
I like it this way:

2x Selena
2x Yasmin the Black
Frontador
Esoara
Mosfair
Janine
Saiz
Keith Moody
Ember Wright
Piotr Andreikov

2x Remover
2x Anarch Troublemaker
Pentex Subversion
University Hunting Ground
3x Effective Management
Wider View
Grooming the Protégé
The Coven

10x Govern the Unaligned
2x Rutor’s Hand
4x Recure of the Homeland
Sanguine Instruction

4x Conditioning
4x Change of Target
4x Mirror Walk

2x Theft of Vitae
2x Wind Dance
2x Burst of Sunlight

Gran Madre di Dio, Italy

4x Eyes of Argus
2x Delaying Tactics
4x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Telepathic Counter

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA
Last edit: 12 Jan 2011 04:14 by DJ_Assface.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
12 Jan 2011 06:44 #469 by Dorrinal
Thanks for responding to my post, guys. I'd like to address that deck, Mister DJ. :)

The Coven! Change of Target! How did I miss these cards?!

I dislike the crypt, but it's good for a couple of reasons. Mosfair and Piotr provide more Remover targets, and Esoara can govern down to the weenies.

Can you help me with the non-obvious changes? You didn't like Dominion? I guess there is no real payoff after burning blood. I don't really get Recure of the Homeland. What's with the combat cards? Aside from a surprise Burst of Sunlight I don't get the 2/2/2 thing you have going on there.

More
12 Jan 2011 14:33 #473 by DJ_Assface

Can you help me with the non-obvious changes? You didn't like Dominion? I guess there is no real payoff after burning blood.

Yes, I think this deck is more interested in lowering your opponent's pool than his blood on vamps.

I don't really get Recure of the Homeland.

It seems that not many players do. It is crazy good. It combines well with basic Rutor's Hand and Burst of Sunlight. Also, if one of your vamps gets ripped up by Animalism, your next action should be Recure with that vamp, so as to make your wall deck foe have to pick between that leaving of torpor and other, more deadly actions that will come later in your turn.

What's with the combat cards? Aside from a surprise Burst of Sunlight I don't get the 2/2/2 thing you have going on there.

Combat options are nice to have. There will be fights when Theft is just what you need. Another way to "tap out" your prey is to fry his big vamp with Burst, then send the Dominate wave.

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds