file Black Magic Woman - Tremere Black Hand Tap-Bleed

22 Mar 2011 21:29 #2736 by Adonai

Seeds of Corruption on a key big bleeder from your predator might be nice.

but illegal by card text....

"Put this card on one of your prey's vampires."

Seeds of Corruption
:action:
:tha:
2 :blood:
+1 stealth action.
:tha: (D) Put this card on one of your prey's vampires. If the vampire is a Follower of Set, he or she burns 2 additional blood when attempting an action; otherwise, he or she burns 1 additional blood when attempting an action. The vampire's special abilities cannot be used. Any vampire(s) may burn this card with two +1 stealth actions.
:THA: As above, but the vampire burns 2 additional blood when attempting an action; Followers of Set burn 3 additional blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2011 23:02 #2747 by Dorrinal

Take out the Coven. It will nearly always save someone who you don't want to save, when you don't want them to be saved... Replace it with at least 1 Tribute to the Master. You should be using Tribute. 1 MPA = 2+ pool without crippling your minions. I'd even take out the HG and put in another Tribute.

Your combat is kind of all over the place and unreliable. I'd be saying if you can, all Thefts or all Wind Dances or at least replace the Bursts with Thefts or Dances. You're probably not going to be nuking vampires everywhere, so I think the whole "Burst + Recure" tech is too improbable to be reliable.

Your weenies with :dom: should be utilising Redirections and ignore Auspex flick. You have dominate flick, so use it.

Possibly as another "surprise" move, put in a copy or two of Misdirection. It is GREAT for a lunge turn because the first thing you do is almost unblockably tap a key blocker of your prey. The number of times I would have been shafted by people using it against me is higher than I would ever admit during the game...

The Coven is a great way to slow combat decks and pay for Rutor's Hand and all the expensive bleed cards. If you read up to the first page you'll find it was my favorite suggestion.

Combat is fine. The idea is to play anything besides hands-for-1 a few times. Burst is a good choice because of Recure; Theft is always a good choice. I could see dropping most/all of the combat, but for what? There are plenty of bleed modifiers already and more masters would hurt card flow.

Redirection can only be used when being bled by a younger vampire. It is worthless in this deck. Furthermore, the :aus: bounce was deliberately chosen because of its intercept; if this deck has the audacity to do a bunch of 1-stealth actions like Rutor's Hand and Govern the Unaligned, you bet there will be similar actions to block.

Making room for Misdirection is a tough call, and I've considered it several times. I could increase the deck size and go up to 14+ masters accordingly. Dropping an Anarch Troublemaker and maybe the Pentex for Misdirection looks like a wash.

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds