file Black Magic Woman - Tremere Black Hand Tap-Bleed

12 Jan 2011 15:58 - 12 Jan 2011 16:03 #474 by Dorrinal

I don't really get Recure of the Homeland.

It seems that not many players do. It is crazy good. It combines well with basic Rutor's Hand and Burst of Sunlight. Also, if one of your vamps gets ripped up by Animalism, your next action should be Recure with that vamp, so as to make your wall deck foe have to pick between that leaving of torpor and other, more deadly actions that will come later in your turn.

"Usable by a tapped vampire."

Recure is a bit better than I thought now that I remember that bit of text. But with my low stealth and weak combat I wanted to avoid extra undirected actions. Having a wall to my left is bad enough considering Rutor's Hand; I didn't want to give them an excuse. Is my concern reasonable?

Every time I try a group 3-4 crypt I am tempted by Sennadurek. Is her special strong enough to make up for her discipline deficiency? :)

:trem:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2011 16:03 by Dorrinal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2011 17:14 #477 by DJ_Assface

...But with my low stealth and weak combat I wanted to avoid extra undirected actions. Having a wall to my left is bad enough considering Rutor's Hand; I didn't want to give them an excuse. Is my concern reasonable?

With this deck, it is your wall deck opponents who should be concerned about you. Anarch Troublemaker, Remover, Gran Madre, Change of Target, Pentex, the Threat of Burst of Sunlight, and a swarm of vamps with Dominate really make it tough on someone who wants to block a lot. Go ahead and take all of your undirected actions. Force them to make the tough choices about which of your actions to block. When they do block you, make them pay dearly (usually with your next 4 vamps bleeding for a ton).

Every time I try a group 3-4 crypt I am tempted by Sennadurek. Is her special strong enough to make up for her discipline deficiency? :)

Her special is great, in a deck far more reactive than this one.

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
12 Jan 2011 17:23 - 12 Jan 2011 17:28 #478 by Joscha

Recure is a bit better than I thought now that I remember that bit of text. But with my low stealth and weak combat I wanted to avoid extra undirected actions. Having a wall to my left is bad enough considering Rutor's Hand; I didn't want to give them an excuse. Is my concern reasonable?

Having a wall to your left is bad for that deck anyway, so don't bother. Same goes for ani-combat. There are decks which will almost certainly beat yours. That's the good side of VtES. But there are many others which your deck will bring a hard time. Go for the strengths (as you did) and if you sense many ani-decks around in your area leave it at home and wait for better times.

Regarding Sennadurek I have similar thoughts. Her special is insanely good. The lack of Tha is the reason she doesn't make the cut. I'd probably build a BH-deck without the Tha-cards or would add some disciplin-masters. But tha on inferior sucks in your deck a bit, so waiting for two disci-cards isn't golden. So for this deck my advice is let her out.

Ah, one thing. I can't imagine that Wind Dance is that good. Against almost every combat-deck the lack of press (or Psyche!) will kill your minions anyway, regardless how often you dodge in the first round. Not speaking of Immortal Grapple. Did you make other experiences? I like the rest of the deck, with the exception of the dominions.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 12 Jan 2011 17:28 by Joscha.

More
12 Jan 2011 17:43 #480 by Dorrinal
DJ: You make a strong argument. What worries me is in your crypt, a lack of vampires who can threaten Burst of Sunlight. That makes the "who to block" game a little less interesting.

Joscha: Thanks for your comments. Please consider this deck in a competitive tournament metagame, where Animalism appears to be a top-tier deck. Do you think I could oust one as my prey? Can I survive it as a predator?

How does this deck compare to other top-tier decks? I am not sure it can avoid being steamrolled by Dementation or breed-boon.

More
13 Jan 2011 17:36 - 13 Jan 2011 17:41 #501 by Joscha
I really like the deck. Especially the crypt hosts many of my fovourite vamps (I really am a fan of Paul Cordwood who doesn't help you because of the lack of black-handness). The typical bleed deck wouldn't be too happy to have you as a predator. I don't know how good it works against the often played Cybele/Ashur/Master type but I fear it will have problems.

...where Animalism appears to be a top-tier deck. Do you think I could oust one as my prey? Can I survive it as a predator?

With a ani-combat-deck as prey it will lose for sure, your Wind Dances can't save you from Carrion Crows and the Press of the Aid from Bats. With it as predator it depends on your grandpredator if you have enough time to go forward. Regarding Weenieauspex you'd be in trouble too, even with Burst of Sunlight. They don't care, if some weenie goes to torpor and they block your rescue attempts easily. 'Big' cap wall a la Carna maybe would hesitate to block one of your minions if you play Bursts. But with Wind Dance nobody fears you. But even if you play with Bursts they should be able to bounce your bleeds without the need to block you.
I think your deck couldn't match a tier-1-deck (exceptions maybe Edward Vignes or a midcap !Ventrue-Grinder). But playing not such a powerful deck can hold big advantages as the opponents underestimate your potential.

My 2 cents (and as I didn't participate in the last EC maybe just 1 cent :o) ).

P.S. What about Corporal Reservoir with Burst of Sunlight? Synergy baby ;O)

Corporal Reservoir
Master: trifle. Put this card on any Black Hand vampire. This vampire may tap this card to prevent 1 point of damage in combat or to gain a blood. This card doesn`t untap as normal. This vampire may burn a blood to untap this card during his or her untap phase.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 13 Jan 2011 17:41 by Joscha.

More
13 Jan 2011 19:04 #504 by Dorrinal
My first deck, years ago, played Corporal Reservoir + Burst of Sunlight. It wasn't as reliable or effective as it sounds.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds