file Kill all (other) anarchs.

30 May 2013 12:54 #49268 by Joscha
Keep in the stealth! It is great to get by chumpblockers like Jake Washington or Nocturnes, who wihout stealth would foil your planes.

I second the proposed use of Obtenebration discipline cards for HfL. I'd squize in two, three if possible.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 13:06 #49269 by jamesatzephyr

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 4.91667
4x Beast, The Leatherface of Detroit (7):OBF: :POT: :ani: :cel:Nosferatu antitribu(group 2)
3x Anarch Convert (1)Caitiff(group 0)
2x Nigel the Shunned (5):ANI: :POT: :obf:Nosferatu antitribu(group 2)
1x Mateusz Gryzbowsky (8):ANI: :OBF: :POT:Nosferatu antitribu(group 3)
1x Ox, Viceroy of the Hollows (6):ANI: :OBF: :POT:Nosferatu antitribu(group 2)
1x Agatha (4):POT: :obf:Nosferatu antitribu(group 2)

So, I think my main question is: are you using the right crypt? Perhaps some combination of:

1x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:ANY
1x Dr. Julius Sutphen ADV 5 dom obt POT Lasombra:3
1x Menele 10 aus dom CEL POT PRE THA Brujah:3
1x Pochtli 8 cel dom NEC OBF POT Giovanni:2
1x Theo Bell 7 cel dom pre POT Brujah:2
1x Wah Chun-Yuen 5 cel dom pre POT !Brujah:3

Probably similar ratios to what you're currently using - 4-5 Theo, 3 Anarchs, 2 Wah Chuh-Yuen, 1 Dr. Julius++, possibly 1 Pochtli. POT with a smattering of cel, and some Dominate. Maybe 1 Jimmy Dunn instead of Pochtli. (POT/CEL, no Dom.)

A bunch of things then get removed - Nosferatu Kingdom, Information Network, the Animalism. Maybe add Mr Winthrop, Rumor Mill, And you get the option to add a small number of bleed modifiers - say, 3-4 Conditioning - and tweak the reactions for some bounce. But the combat and masters stay roughly as is.

The particularly nice thing here about bounce is that it's possible for you to get yourself in a pickle if you find that your cross-table allies are title heavy or Imbued heavy, and so can't easily avoid the Anarch penalties. So being able to selectively bounce to your grand-prey to get him to lay off your nobbled grand-predator might be a nice option to have. (Also, I hear bounce is powerful.)

4x Earthshock

Bear in mind you can't play this under Immortal Grapple - it's ranged, so not a hand strike (even though it's based on strength).

1x Blood Turnip

Not massively convinced by the card myself. Would I rather it was Monster?

More
30 May 2013 14:28 #49270 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Kill all (other) anarchs.

At the moment, my ousting mechanism is just Fames, Dragonbound, and a few Anarch Revolts.

Has Dragonbound won you any games that you wouldn't have otherwise won? -1 hand size seems kinda terrible.

Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers was mentioned. I'll mention it again. It really is the best thing that ever happened to rush decks.

I feel like I need a little boost to my pool damage capabilities. I'm hesitant about Tension in the Ranks, since I don't have any damage prevention so it can hurt me as well, if I go up against another strong combat deck.

If someone is consistently sending you to torpor you'll die from Revolts. Against Claws of the Dead and other minor threats, I think the potential gain is worth the potential loss. Just think of all the Nocturns and Chumpdogs that were supposed to foil you.

I've also considered adding Club Illusion, and changing the Bum's Rushes into Deep Songs.

Another Anarch Revolt might be more effective than Club Illusion. Unlike Club, they only require one anarch on your side to be good and you don't have other reasons to go anarch with your whole team. Paying 1 blood and an action to be able to pay 1 blood for +1 bleed is kinda bad.

- Supporting minions -

I want to have my other vampires do something else than bleed for one, but I don't want to put too many action cards into the deck. Beast can't play them, and the deck flows pretty fast so they might clog my hand if there's too much.

I would drop the Animalism and go with POT-weenies, even dropping !Nos-cards if going out of clan means a lower average capacity. Raven Spy is easily replaced by Mr. Winthrop. As it is, paying for 3 minions seems too risky if you take any kind of pool damage.

4x Earthshock

Haven't tried it in practice but on paper, playing Mighty Grapple as a solution to maneuvers is pure value. Playable under Grapple, easy to cycle, beats set range, gives Beast 5 damage for 1 card and so on.

I'd also try to add 2-4x Pulled Fangs. Usually, it's a free Decapitate.

More
30 May 2013 14:41 #49271 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Kill all (other) anarchs.

1x Blood Turnip

Not massively convinced by the card myself. Would I rather it was Monster?

Play it and be convinced. Blood Turnip is a huge deal against Ponticulus, Tye Cooper and opposing combat decks. At worst, it's free blood, which is still a pretty big deal in any match up for a mid cap POT-fighter.

Monster, on the other hand, is an expensive way for Beast to bleed for 1. Another Anarch Revolt beats it hands down.

More
30 May 2013 15:36 #49272 by Joscha
I play Blood Turnip in my Assamite Anarch Cel-Gun and it is really good. It's like a minor Taste of Vitae each Combat, s.t. preventing the opponent to play that important combat card for one blood or making it easier to hit him to torpor. It's worth the slot!

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds