file Creeping Primogen

11 Nov 2020 11:46 #101099 by Namor
Replied by Namor on topic Creeping Primogen
Hi ,

i prefer an ANI fight variant with Talbot and Larrissa for deck cycling.

My deck version with new Nosfe:

Deck Name: Nosfe G5/G6
Author: Namor
Description: Rush/Intercept Animalism Nosfe Primo

Crypt 12
==================
2x Talbot 7 for ANI NEC PRO (Rush and cycle the hand)
3x Lenny Burkhead 6 obf pre pot ANI primogen +1 bleed
2x The Dowager 6 aus pot ANI OBF primogen +1int vs D action
3x Larrissa 6 pot ANI OBF primogen can discard a ani card for +1 bleed (bleed and cycle the hand)
2X Horace Radcliff 5 obf ANI POT

Library: 81 cards

Master (15 cards)
==================
1x Fame
1x Archon Investigation
1x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3x Vessel
1x Warsaw Station
1x Wash
2x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
1x Dreams of the Sphinx

Action (12 cards)
==================
1x Army of Rats
7x Deep Song
4x Creeping Sabotage

Action Modifier/Combat (3 cards)
==================
3x Swallowed by the Night

Combat (27 cards)
==================
3x Target Vitals
3x Taste of Vitae
11x Aid from Bats
1x Canine Horde
9x Carrion Crows

Retainer (3 cards)
==================
1x Mr. Winthrop
2x Raven Spy

Equipment (2 cards)
==================
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow

Reaction (18 cards)
==================
4x Forced Awakening
4x On the Qui Vive
4x Cats' Guidance
4x The Warrens
2x Protected District

Event (1 cards)
==================
1x NSA Trio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2020 09:53 #101102 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Creeping Primogen
I would prefer to drop primogen angle and just go with 3-4 group nosferatu :ani: weenies. It's BC game design - to make already annoying decks better. :P

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
14 Nov 2020 23:21 #101117 by Surprise
Replied by Surprise on topic Creeping Primogen
I tried the weenie ani grp 3 wich looked quite like a weenie ani anarch but having the creeping sabotage rather than the anarch revolt ; it felt clunky i only succeed in putting two of them on board and at some time i got stuck with my hand and couldnt defend them properly . The fact that almost half the crypt aint nosferatu is a pain in the ... you see what i mean .

From this experience i'll conclude that reaction heavy package , which is needed to keep the sabotage on line , is not compatible with Ani combat.

More
16 Nov 2020 10:01 #101123 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Creeping Primogen

I tried the weenie ani grp 3 wich looked quite like a weenie ani anarch but having the creeping sabotage rather than the anarch revolt ; it felt clunky i only succeed in putting two of them on board and at some time i got stuck with my hand and couldnt defend them properly . The fact that almost half the crypt aint nosferatu is a pain in the ... you see what i mean .

From this experience i'll conclude that reaction heavy package , which is needed to keep the sabotage on line , is not compatible with Ani combat.

The problems that I see without testing, is that
1. Ani combat needs a ton of cards to be competitive and actually get something done
2. Ani combat has nothing against combat ends
3. If you go reaction-heavy and try to defend the sabotages, you also need a ton of reactions and there simply isn't enough space in the deck for all this. Trust me, I've tried to play combat-walls a lot myself.

I do suspect that its better if you try to set up things so that opponents (or at the very least prey) doesn't have the actions to remove the sabotages. I am not sure that sabotages are better than anarch revolts, but they could be on an even ground.

I will eventually try sabotages out, at least when they arrive in lackey. Maybe offline after new year. I am not willing to give up on them before any actual gameplay takes place. I think they show promise.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
16 Nov 2020 10:28 #101124 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Creeping Primogen

The problems that I see without testing, is that
1. Ani combat needs a ton of cards to be competitive and actually get something done

I disagree: Aid from Bats + Carrion Crows is one of the most efficient combat package.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kushiel

More
16 Nov 2020 15:54 #101125 by Surprise
Replied by Surprise on topic Creeping Primogen
I am not saying Ani combat package is inefficient , i m just saying that in order to defend the sabotage (which can be removed by any minion ) you need to be able to block constantly like a wall deck do , and we can all agree that one of the best , if not the best wall deck is Goratrix Wall ,especially because he only need a minimal amount of combat cards and is effective even without playing one , which directly makes room for more reaction cards or master .

Animalism combat on the other hand takes an awful amount of cards to be effective in combat each time you get in combat ( like 48 out of 80 cards for example )

Hereby i have the hunch that sabotage deck must find another source of stable combat .

But i could be wrong , at that point i m full of doubt and not certitudes and totally open to debate about this .

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds