check TWD - 7th Hiekkaharju Nightmare - 05.05.2018, Vantaa Finland

07 May 2018 22:17 #86580 by kschaefer
I was thinking that Anarchs always have a lot of locations, how could they manage being Arika's prey?

Cool deck though. I've been thinking about all the Lasombra with ANI in the same vein. I see you mixed a lot of smaller guys that didn't have everything you need. You won, so obviously it worked, but do you think you would have been better focusing almost solely on the bigger guys?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 05:47 #86584 by Lemminkäinen

kschaefer wrote: Cool deck though. I've been thinking about all the Lasombra with ANI in the same vein. I see you mixed a lot of smaller guys that didn't have everything you need. You won, so obviously it worked, but do you think you would have been better focusing almost solely on the bigger guys?

My thinking behind the crypt was that in the early going I could afford to "specialize" my vamps in that the smaller ones without dom could block, rush with deep song, or employ animal retainers and such. The bigger ones with dom would Govern down. And in the mid game I would've drawn those Dominate Masters so the little ones could join in on the bleeding shenanigans.

This worked well in the first game and in the finals. In the second I failed to draw any Aid from Bats and died to Week of Nightmares Ravnos hand damage...

Now, in hindsight, maybe one or two more Deep Songs would've made sense.

I never saw the 9-caps and got Gustaphe only in the finals so my experience with the deck was a bit lop-sided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 08:39 #86590 by Lönkka
Event report approved.
Congrats to Matias, again!

Cerion wrote: Sadly we got 11 players, but all agreed to carry on with that number, so I got to play a promised deck,


Whaaat, you managed to run the tournament with 11 players!?

As the organizer I would've dropped out myself, drank some GT all the while while exerting my authority from a comfy chair (preferably while stroking a kitten).

NC, Finland
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cerion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 May 2018 10:51 #86607 by Cerion

Lönkka wrote:
Whaaat, you managed to run the tournament with 11 players!?


Yep, I attended once in Norway 11 player
Tournament, it works reasonably well

Lönkka wrote: As the organizer I would've dropped out myself, drank some GT all the while while exerting my authority from a comfy chair (preferably while stroking a kitten).


Not a bad idea

Baron of Vantaa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 18:44 #86641 by Lönkka

Cerion wrote:

Lönkka wrote:
Whaaat, you managed to run the tournament with 11 players!?


Yep, I attended once in Norway 11 player
Tournament, it works reasonably well

Tables of 4,4, and 3!?

Woudln't call that working.
Let alone reasonably :D

NC, Finland
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 May 2018 18:47 #86642 by Kraus
Isn't there that weird thing in Archon which forms three rounds where some players skip tables to get 2 games for each? Or something?

How DID you play 11 players?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

Facebook @ VtES: Joensuu
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum