file Card idea: Inconnu Meddling

13 Sep 2011 12:10 #10083 by Ankha
Name: Inconnu Meddling
Cardtype: Master
Put another Edge into play, uncontrolled. When a Methuselah gains the Edge anew, he or she takes either Edge. There cannot be more than two Edges into play.

I read quite a long time ago the interview of Garfield on Lasombra and he was talking about a "double edge" idea. That's how this card was born.
I don't know what Garfield had in mind, it was maybe more elaborated but here it is.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2011 13:01 #10086 by Mael
It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's a good one though.

If this card was to be printed, I'd suggest that it should be an event rather than a master.

Name: Inconnu Meddling
Cardtype: Event
Inconnu.
Not usable if there is more than one edge in play.
Put a second Edge into play, uncontrolled. When a Methuselah gains the Edge anew, he or she may take either Edge. A Methuselah may not control more than one edge, if a Methuselah would gain control of a second edge that edge is instead uncontrolled.

Also, tweaked the wording slightly so you can have two people benefiting from having an edge, but cannot have one person benefiting from two edges at once. Not sure whether that makes the card too weak.

More
13 Sep 2011 13:26 #10089 by porphyrion
definitely not as crazy as it seems at first glance. i actually like this idea as it makes the edge a more important factor, but it would make madness network (and or enkil) so much more powerful, not to mention using multiple copies of using the advantage.

i'm not sure how to fix this card as i don't like very specific restrictions too much. perhaps the card could be burnable with a D-action (with some minor backfiring-effect for whomever put it into play)?

More
13 Sep 2011 13:27 #10090 by porphyrion
@mael: good suggestions.

More
13 Sep 2011 15:46 #10100 by Boris The Blade
Not a bad idea on its own, but it requires to change "the Edge" with "an Edge" in all other cards.

More
13 Sep 2011 19:49 #10125 by glaswanderer
You could also add: Burn this second Edge when there are only two Methuselahs in the game.

You could also have this card become the second Edge, and it becomes uncontrolled when the possessing Methuselah becomes ousted.

Prince of Puyallup

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds