file Card idea: Inconnu Meddling

14 Sep 2011 07:50 #10157 by Ankha
Name: Inconnu Meddling
Cardtype: Master
Put this card into play, and put another Edge into play, uncontrolled. When a Methuselah gains the Edge anew, he or she takes either Edge. Any minion may call a referendum to burn this card and remove one of the two Edges in play as a +1 stealth action; in that referendum, burning the Edge is worth an additional vote. Cannot be played if there's already two Edges in play.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 07:53 #10158 by Ankha

What I'd like to see is a reason for non-bleed focused decks to play it (although your examples are a nice list of decks that would benefit from the card, now that I think about it).

There are quite a list of vampires (mainly) that interacts with the Edge, and I think more cards could interact with it too (if ever more cards were printed).

Prince of Paris, France

More
14 Sep 2011 08:15 #10160 by Suoli

What I'd like to see is a reason for non-bleed focused decks to play it (although your examples are a nice list of decks that would benefit from the card, now that I think about it).

There are quite a list of vampires (mainly) that interacts with the Edge, and I think more cards could interact with it too (if ever more cards were printed).

It just occurred to me that letting someone else keep one edge while you take the other doesn't actually help Enticement etc. any more than it helps regular decks. The card is only advantageous to any one deck builder if
a) you can simultaneously control both edges,
b) you want the table to bloat more or
c) you're using that crappy action modifier that lets you steal the edge from the target of a d-action.
Option b has problems similar to Montreal, option c is too narrow. Option a may or may not be too advantageous for s&b decks but that's a fixable problem.

More
14 Sep 2011 09:00 #10163 by Pascal Bertrand

If it's a master that doesn't go into play, it's tricky (you're creating a rule (that part about getting the edge anew) that exists because the card was played, though it's in an ash heap now. Not great (see Vampiric Disease and stuff).

Not trickier than having the regular Edge into play. Usually players have something representing the edge, they'll need a second one. An once the second one is in play, there's nothing else to remember.

With 2 players left and 2 edges, the odds of having the game timeout are quite higher than with just 1 edge.

More
14 Sep 2011 11:12 #10173 by Ankha

If it's a master that doesn't go into play, it's tricky (you're creating a rule (that part about getting the edge anew) that exists because the card was played, though it's in an ash heap now. Not great (see Vampiric Disease and stuff).

Not trickier than having the regular Edge into play. Usually players have something representing the edge, they'll need a second one. An once the second one is in play, there's nothing else to remember.

With 2 players left and 2 edges, the odds of having the game timeout are quite higher than with just 1 edge.

That would mean noone calls the vote to burn the other methuselah's edge, which is stupid.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds