file Card idea: Inconnu Meddling

14 Sep 2011 06:23 #10148 by Suoli

Name: Inconnu Meddling
Cardtype: Master
Put another Edge into play, uncontrolled. When a Methuselah gains the Edge anew, he or she takes either Edge. There cannot be more than two Edges into play.

I read quite a long time ago the interview of Garfield on Lasombra and he was talking about a "double edge" idea. That's how this card was born.
I don't know what Garfield had in mind, it was maybe more elaborated but here it is.

I don't know if that's what you want to achieve but this would be a *great* (possibly too great) card for any bleed deck and a liability for any other deck. To make it more versatile I might add something like "You may burn an Edge and tap this card to give a minion you control +1 intercept against an action directed (or undirected?) at you." First of all this would reward you for playing the card instead of just helping everybody equally with you paying the costs. Secondly, it would promote a more active play style for wall decks without making the card significantly better for bleed decks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 07:20 #10150 by Ankha
By "anew" a player isn't supposed to get 2 Edges when bleeding twice (see Form of Corruption).
It could have been interesting though for Free States Rant and Enticement decks.

@Boris The Blade: it doesn't require to change card texts. If a card mentions "the edge", it can be either edge. this can be calrified on the card itself.

definitely not as crazy as it seems at first glance. i actually like this idea as it makes the edge a more important factor, but it would make madness network (and or enkil) so much more powerful, not to mention using multiple copies of using the advantage.

Not if you consider that one Methuselah can't have 2 Edges at the same time, and that anyone getting the edge anew may chose to take the edge from the player playing Using the Advantage.

i'm not sure how to fix this card as i don't like very specific restrictions too much. perhaps the card could be burnable with a D-action (with some minor backfiring-effect for whomever put it into play)?

Maybe a referendum (in which the Edge is worth 2 votes), with no backfire (you already spent a MPA)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Sep 2011 07:25 #10151 by Ankha

First of all this would reward you for playing the card instead of just helping everybody equally with you paying the costs. Secondly, it would promote a more active play style for wall decks without making the card significantly better for bleed decks.

No need to reward the player. If he plays this card, it means it gives him an avantage to have two edges in play.
Eg. Free State Rants, Amenophobis, Form of Corruption etc. (lots of Follower of Set cards btw :))

Prince of Paris, France

More
14 Sep 2011 07:33 #10153 by Pascal Bertrand
There should be something that gets rid of the second edge. If it's an event, it could burn when someone gets a VP.
If it's a master that doesn't go into play, it's tricky (you're creating a rule (that part about getting the edge anew) that exists because the card was played, though it's in an ash heap now. Not great (see Vampiric Disease and stuff).
If it's a master that goes into play, burnable as a vote / d action / .. for some cost (such as, for instance, forfeiting the edge you have to burn the card).

More
14 Sep 2011 07:39 #10155 by Ankha

If it's a master that doesn't go into play, it's tricky (you're creating a rule (that part about getting the edge anew) that exists because the card was played, though it's in an ash heap now. Not great (see Vampiric Disease and stuff).

Not trickier than having the regular Edge into play. Usually players have something representing the edge, they'll need a second one. An once the second one is in play, there's nothing else to remember.

If you add a condition to get rid of the second edge though, putting the card in play can be a good idea.

Prince of Paris, France

More
14 Sep 2011 07:41 #10156 by Suoli

First of all this would reward you for playing the card instead of just helping everybody equally with you paying the costs. Secondly, it would promote a more active play style for wall decks without making the card significantly better for bleed decks.

No need to reward the player. If he plays this card, it means it gives him an avantage to have two edges in play.
Eg. Free State Rants, Amenophobis, Form of Corruption etc. (lots of Follower of Set cards btw :))

What I'd like to see is a reason for non-bleed focused decks to play it (although your examples are a nice list of decks that would benefit from the card, now that I think about it).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds