file New Bounce Cards

28 Sep 2011 15:53 #11095 by Baaliprimogen
Well, since we probably won't get any more reprints, we should maybe get some new cards that do old stuff. Here is my take on a new bounce card.

Seeing past the cloak
Reaction
Cost X blood
X is the same as the acting minion's current stealth
:aus: Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.
:AUS: As above, and gain 2 blood if your prey is successfully bleed.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 16:20 - 28 Sep 2011 16:20 #11096 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
Please don't design another bouncecard on an inferior discipline. Deflection is strong enough. I don't think we need another of this on aus, which even can be played with zero bloodcost :S .

Your AUS-version is even worse for the game. It is a huge advantage to defend versus a bleed AND have the benefit to put pressure on the prey (both does a bouncecard). On superior auspex you plan to give the bouncing minion and his Methuselah even more gifts in gaining two blood if the plan works out nicely. Urgh, disgusting :unsure: .

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 28 Sep 2011 16:20 by Joscha.

More
28 Sep 2011 17:44 #11102 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
yeah. It's defenatly to strong. How about this.

Seeing past the cloak
Reaction
Cost X blood
X is the same as the acting minion's current stealth
:aus: Only usable when you are being bled with at least 2 stealth, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.
:AUS: As above, and gain 2 blood if your prey is successfully bleed.

Now you have to try to block before you can bounce.

The motive for the card is that new players, without any bounce cards, can use it.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
29 Sep 2011 05:26 #11110 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

The motive for the card is that new players, without any bounce cards, can use it.

Uh?
Might be just me, but I dont understand this at all.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Sep 2011 05:31 #11111 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
I don't get that either, but anyway we do not need to be introducing more bounce cards into the game. Auspex has Telepathic Misdirection, it is powerful, it is common and it can be fairly easily obtained (most established players can spare a newbie something like 8-16 copies which is more than enough for a deck or two).

Auspex is the discipline of "defence against actions", they already have plenty of intercept cards, plenty of pool defence (flick & reduce) and hand manipulation...

Not to be too brutal, but this card is not needed and detrimental to the game (it makes wall decks even harder to oust).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
29 Sep 2011 06:55 - 29 Sep 2011 06:55 #11122 by Boris The Blade
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

Uh?
Might be just me, but I dont understand this at all.

Same here. There is no supply problem with Telepathic Misdirection. Even not-so-old players have plenty to give away, and you can find some cheap on ebay:

There are not more for sale because they are near worthless, not because they are rare. There is no need for a new :aus: bounce.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2011 06:55 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds