file New Bounce Cards

29 Sep 2011 16:40 #11154 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
It's okay that you don't like the card. Maybe it's quite powerfull. I don't see the card as a boost to wall deck, but a drawback to stealth bleeders. That was the motive for it. Maybe this is not the card for it. That's okay.

The other motive was to make new cards instead of reprints. If future VTES cards will be printed on PDF-files, and there will be no reprints, it would be a good idea to make new "old" cards. Cards that do the same as before, just slightly different, and does not break any copyright laws.

If we make a 4ed. expansion, new players may emerge by it self. (hopefully)

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 18:51 #11156 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
Rather than more bounce cards to defend against stealth bleed, maybe designers should think about something half-way between bounce and reduction: bleed cancellation.

Bleed bounce does two things: it cancels a bleed against you and makes another Methuselah have to deal with the same bleed. The limitations are that the bleed can be bounced back to you and that bleed bounce is useless when there are only two players left in the game.

I would like to see bleed cancellation be introduced into the game as opposed to new bounce cards. In other words, I would like the defense without the crazy offense of Deflection. Something like:

Paralyzing Glance
Reaction
1 blood
:pre: Tap this reacting vampire. Reduce a bleed against you by 2.
:PRE: Tap this reacting vampire. Cause a bleed against you to fail.

It gives FoS and Brujah/!Brujah bleed defense besides grafted Dominate. It fits the flavor of Presence. Deflection and Telepathic Misdirection are still better.

More
30 Sep 2011 13:53 #11233 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
Not a fan of bleed cancellation cards. Good thing with bleed bounce is that it makes games go forward. Bleed cancellation just adds more stall and timeouts. Offence should be encouraged. Problem with bounce that it is available only for AUS or dom (also don't like so much deflections no tap clause with DOM). I wouldn't mind to see one more bounce card (maybe for OBF) but not as strong as current versions.

More
30 Sep 2011 14:37 - 30 Sep 2011 14:37 #11236 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
I was thinking about a way to "help" decks without AUS or dom to withstand heavy bleed stealth decks.

I came to this:

Name: Unexpected Assistance
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Presence
 The acting minion may move 1 blood from him or her to this reacting vampire to get +1 bleed. Only one Unexpected Assistance may be played each action.
 The acting minion gets +1 bleed. Only one Unexpected Assistance may be played each action.

Presence is quite a widely spread discipline.
The key thing is that at PRE, the acting vampire gets +1 bleed. A bleed for 3 becomes a bleed for 4... meaning Archon Investigation is not far. Therefore, your predator may hesitate before bleeding you with Govern the Unaligned...
Otherwise, it can be used a crossbuddy reciprocal help (1 blood against +1 bleed).
Furthermore, it won't make tables stall...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 14:37 by Ankha.

More
30 Sep 2011 22:07 - 30 Sep 2011 22:20 #11260 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

I was thinking about a way to "help" decks without AUS or dom to withstand heavy bleed stealth decks.

I came to this:

Name: Unexpected Assistance
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Presence
 The acting minion may move 1 blood from him or her to this reacting vampire to get +1 bleed. Only one Unexpected Assistance may be played each action.
 The acting minion gets +1 bleed. Only one Unexpected Assistance may be played each action.

Presence is quite a widely spread discipline.
The key thing is that at PRE, the acting vampire gets +1 bleed. A bleed for 3 becomes a bleed for 4... meaning Archon Investigation is not far. Therefore, your predator may hesitate before bleeding you with Govern the Unaligned...
Otherwise, it can be used a crossbuddy reciprocal help (1 blood against +1 bleed).
Furthermore, it won't make tables stall...

With that card you are expecting to get heavy bleeder as your predator? Better just pack pack bounce then. But I like +1 bleed to any minion. I would like to see card to benefit your minions also and make it more usefull. My version:

Control the Masses
Cardtype: Reaction/Action Modifier
:pre: :modifier: +1 bleed. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
:PRE: :reaction: Reduce a bleed against you by 1 or the acting minion gets +1 bleed. Only one Control the Masses may be played each action.

Could lose the reduce if too strong. Wouldn't want to make it cost blood tho. Reduce could also be :pre: and +1 bleed :PRE:.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 22:20 by Surreal.

More
01 Oct 2011 00:30 #11266 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
I feel like the ability to add bleed to another methuselah's minion sounds very :dem: or :chi: .

Maybe it should be a combo with one or both of those and presence?

Unexpected Assistance
:modifier: :reaction:
:pre: :modifier: +1 bleed. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
:pre: :DEM: :reaction: The acting minion gets +1 bleed.
:pre: :CHI: :reaction: The acting minion gets -1 bleed.

Now there isn't a precedent for a card structured like this... but I like to think outside the box :)

Also, on that note, I would like to address a point the OP made. The impetus for creating this card was to make a new card that could take the place of an existing card. This assumes that reprinting old cards will not be an option and will become more difficult to obtain.

In that respect, it would be necessary to create a whole new base set of cards. There are some issues with that. If we had to do something like that, you can bet we would need some new deckbuilding rules. For example, if we need to print six new stealth cards for obfuscate you shouldn't be able to use old ones with new ones. We really don't want to see players dropping 16 stealth against 15 intercept. If it comes down to that, we will need groupings for new library cards. IE, we won't be able to mix new base set cards with old cards (but new "expansion" cards should be usable with old cards and new base cards.

Thinking that far ahead now isn't such a bad idea. But if new cards are distributed print-n-play style then it's not as much an issue, because VEKN cards can be updated and reprinted. Also, if cards are to be legal for play in tournaments, maybe there should be a "version" printed on cards so we know they are up to date when played. That's a formatting issue, but something to consider.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds