file New Bounce Cards

01 Oct 2011 06:59 #11279 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

I feel like the ability to add bleed to another methuselah's minion sounds very :dem: or :chi: .

Maybe it should be a combo with one or both of those and presence?

Maybe, but the goal is to make it accessible. Dementation and chimestry are not widespread disciplines. Presence fits not to badly.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2011 07:01 #11280 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

With that card you are expecting to get heavy bleeder as your predator? Better just pack pack bounce then.

Lol. I wrote just before

I was thinking about a way to "help" decks without AUS or dom to withstand heavy bleed stealth decks.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Oct 2011 02:02 #11436 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
I think this might be an interesting card:

Blow Through
Reaction.
Only usable when a bleed of 3 or more against you would be successful.
for: tap this reacting vampire. The acting vampire bleeds you for 2 (bleed not reducable.) If you are not ousted, the action continues at -2 bleed, directed at your prey.
FOR: as above, but you are only bled for 1.

What I like about it:
- it's different
- it's something for FOR clans like Ishtarri, Samedi, Gangrel, and Ravnos to do other than die to DOM or splash deflections - but it still doesn't compete with "real" bounce.
- It's in theme for fortitude and isn't "prevent damage"

Text may need a bit of tweaking to handle the "last 2 players" case, not sure.

I also like this idea:

Cut the Puppet Strings
Action
(D) The acting Sabbat vampire enters combat with a minion controlled by your predator or prey. If that minion successfully bled you since your last turn, +1 stealth. If that minion has Dominate, untap this vampire.

Rush as bleed defense had been done before, but I like the theme here. Sabbat are supposed to be all about being angry and throwing off the oppressive collar of the antedeluvians, after all.

... and, frequently the issue for a rush deck with dominate behind it is that rush is just too slow. That's the exact situation where an extra untap can be very useful.

I'm also amused by the interaction with DOM Obedience. :)

As for the Presence suggestions: I honestly don't think Pre needs an assist in this area. Presence clans are:
- Ventrue and Toreador, who already have bounce.
- Brujah, who are doing just fine due to Second Tradition, out-of-clan Dominate, and great vampires.
- Ishtarri, who would be better served by help in Fortitude.
- !Brujah, who need help of their own, but need to get it in a way that doesn't make Brujah any more powerful.
- Setites, who shouldn't get easy access to bounce for the good of all.

More
04 Oct 2011 05:20 #11444 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

Cut the Puppet Strings
Action
(D) The acting Sabbat vampire enters combat with a minion controlled by your predator or prey. If that minion successfully bled you since your last turn, +1 stealth. If that minion has Dominate, untap this vampire.

While this card is a bit too much of a drastic anti-card for my taste, something like it should be considered. I played the swedish nationals this weekend, and Dominate was insanely dominant (*raggadish*)
1st table: 2 decks with Dominate (the 2 was headsup)
2nd table: 2 decks with Dominate
3rd table: 5 decks with Dominate
Final: 4 decks with dominate (And the winner had Dominate)

Touch of Clarity is nice anti-dominate-tech, but other tries at that has kind of failed (Iron Heart, Purification etc.)

It would be nice with some solid WoD-flavor for this though.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
04 Oct 2011 05:40 #11446 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: New Bounce Cards
I always wish there was some card like this, kinda like a last ditch effort to live card.

Will of the methuselah, Reaction, 1 blood, C
Only usable by a vampire with capacity above 6. Reduce a bleed against you to 0 and this reacting vampire takes one unpreventable damage for each point of bleed the acting minion has when this card is played.

If you want nerf, make it cost 2 blood and it becomes cornercase =).

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
04 Oct 2011 05:45 #11447 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New Bounce Cards

Will of the methuselah, Reaction, 1 blood, C
Only usable by a vampire with capacity above 6. Reduce a bleed against you to 0 and this reacting vampire takes one unpreventable damage for each point of bleed the acting minion has when this card is played.

I would like some kind of "Only usable when you are being ousted"-wording also. Then it become kind of a Golconda - sacrifice a big vamp to survive.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds