file Investments: worth the investment?

01 Oct 2011 07:04 #11281 by Ankha

Collateralised Debt Options
Master
2 :pool:
Master. Investment.
You may not control more than one Collateralised Debt Option. Put this card into play with 1 counter for every Master: Location you control. During your untap phase, you may move a counter from this card to your pool. Any minion may take a (D) action to remove a counter from this card. If a Master: Location you control is burned, burn 1 pool. Burn this card when it has no counters.

What's the link with Investment cards ? They're not locations...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2011 08:08 #11284 by Juggernaut1981
It's a potential investment that would seem worth playing in certain kinds of decks.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Oct 2011 16:28 #11398 by miketheknife

I think making it a master card is a bad idea since an investment deck is likely to be heavy on master cards to begin with.

Not that bad. Ok, if you play this card you're going to be 1 turn late, which could be decisive, granted. When you get to use it, at the first point burned from the investment you still a late, BUT beggining with the 2nd point, you have started to actually "win" MPA (since those points have not to be moved later). The question is: how hard is to get bleed or voted?

Also, I feel like if something can be done as a minion card it should if only because this is "Vampire: the Eternal Struggle" not "Methuselah: the Master Card".

ok! so lets play with no masters at all!!...
It's just an idea, no reason to get harsh :). Anyway, it's just a support strategy, you can't actually "win" using it.

That being said, if it were to be a master card, it should have a burn clause or should be a location.

kumpania? information network? the anarch free press? do they sound to you? (amongst other masters that can be put into play and do not a "direct action burn clause" and are not locations)

Hey! we are just "designing", why put limits over imagination? (others than those pointed by the rulebook)

I think that a whole strategy can be built over investments using minion cards, masters, events and all kind of minions and that's why i think this thread you started is such a good idea, no reason to get cranky :D

More
03 Oct 2011 16:34 #11399 by miketheknife

Personal Finance Manager
Unique Ally
0 strength. 0 bleed. 1 life.
Finance Manager may take a D action to move a counter from an investment to your pool, or to add a counter to an investment from the blood bank. If you control the investment, the action is undirected and at +1 stealth.

-Unique to avoid potential abuse.
-Frees up Master action by allowing the counters to be pulled to your Pool in the minion phase.
-Frees up master slots by allowing Investments to be extended and therefore requiring fewer to be slotted (potentially).
-Free cost but fragile mechanic

I was just now reflecting on how much I enjoy making up card text.

"Like it". Could really help to "unwallpaperize" investments.

What about creating more vampires or minions that have skills with investments? Like "+X bleed or +X votes for every investment you control or in play"?

More
03 Oct 2011 16:46 #11400 by Dorrinal
My thoughts about investments:
Good pool-per-card (2+)
Bad pool-per-MPA (<1)

Alan Sovereign increases the pool-per-card. Alan-ADV provides a different use for the investment counters (which eliminates the MPA cost). Merged, he increases pool-per-MPA.

In my opinion the only way to make investments playable is to eliminate the high cost of master phase actions, which could be used on the strongest cards in the game. No one plays Ascendance for a reason.

:trem:

More
03 Oct 2011 17:24 - 03 Oct 2011 17:25 #11402 by AaronC

Collateralised Debt Options
Master
2 :pool:
Master. Investment.
You may not control more than one Collateralised Debt Option. Put this card into play with 1 counter for every Master: Location you control. During your untap phase, you may move a counter from this card to your pool. Any minion may take a (D) action to remove a counter from this card. If a Master: Location you control is burned, burn 1 pool. Burn this card when it has no counters.

What's the link with Investment cards ? They're not locations...

This is just an idea for an investment card. It's referring to collateralized debt obligations, which were the principal cause of the recent global financial crisis. These debts instruments were created by putting together an amalgamation of portions of debt from various mortgages on real estate, thus the connection with locations.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2011 17:25 by AaronC. Reason: spelling error

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds