file Investments: worth the investment?

30 Sep 2011 17:30 #11249 by direwolf

I really liked the whole idea, specially Fire Sale, but 2 ideas come to my mind about this card:

- Rewording:

Fire Sale

Only usable when you are successfully bled. Tap this minion. Burn X counters on an investment card you control and reduce the bled by X. This is considered a card that would change the target of a bleed.

(I don't see the reason to consider it a bounce)

- Transform the idea in another card:

Liquidity

Unique Master

Whenever you are succesfully bled or a referendum passes that will make you lose pool, you may burn counters from any investment card you control instead of burning pool.

Concept: The investment is made in liquid assets, so you can use them as resources any time.

Bottom line, i totally agree if investment cards were more usefull (specially to decks without pool defense)

I think making it a master card is a bad idea since an investment deck is likely to be heavy on master cards to begin with. Also, I feel like if something can be done as a minion card it should if only because this is "Vampire: the Eternal Struggle" not "Methuselah: the Master Card".

That being said, if it were to be a master card, it should have a (d) burn clause or should be a location.

As for whether the card is a "misdirect" or not is up for debate. There are cards that affect misdirections, and I think it makes the card more interesting. It's a slight drawback to a card with few restrictions.

@Anka
I agree "Camouflage Compensation" should be usable on an investment you will play with your other master phase action. I didn't bother writing it that way because I tend to keep things simple when I can. We have enough cards that are walls of text :)

You could also argue that it fits into the concept of the investment cards: there isn't an immediate payoff. They are good for the long game. The goal should be to make investment cards more playable but not for immediate gratification.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 19:52 #11251 by finbury
I was thinking about what investment cards might be appropriate for a Sabbat set. Sabbat are more about exploiting the Kine than ruling them, so exploitative cards are a better fit thematically.

That led me to:

Ponzi Scheme - Master - 1 pool
Investment. Trifle.
Put this card into play with 1 counter on it, plus one counter for each investment in play. During your untap phase, you may move one counter from this card to your pool, or one counter from another investment to this card. Any mortal, ghoul, mage, or werewolf may burn this card as a D action.
"So, it'll all collapse if someone submits a complaint?"
"Yeah, but the complaints office is only open from nine until noon..."

Crooked Trader - Ally - !Ventrue - 1 pool
Unique Ghoul with 2 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed.
Crooked Trader may not block. Crooked Trader may take a +2 stealth action to move a counter from an investment to your pool.

(It's possible that one should cost 2 pool.)

More
30 Sep 2011 22:02 - 01 Oct 2011 00:13 #11259 by direwolf

I was thinking about what investment cards might be appropriate for a Sabbat set. Sabbat are more about exploiting the Kine than ruling them, so exploitative cards are a better fit thematically.

That led me to:

Ponzi Scheme - Master - 1 pool
Investment. Trifle.
Put this card into play with 1 counter on it, plus one counter for each investment in play. During your untap phase, you may move one counter from this card to your pool, or one counter from another investment to this card. Any mortal, ghoul, mage, or werewolf may burn this card as a D action.
"So, it'll all collapse if someone submits a complaint?"
"Yeah, but the complaints office is only open from nine until noon..."

Ya beat me to it! I was trying to think of a good way to implement a ponzi scheme.

Here's my take:

Malkavian Ponzi Scheme
!malk!
1 :pool:
Master. Investment.
Put this card into play with 3 + X investment counters, where X is the number of Malkavian Ponzi Schemes in play. The controller of this card may move a counter to his pool during his untap phase. Any Methuselah may take control of this card by using a master phase action and moving one pool to this card.

EDIT:
I don't think there's enough incentive to steal the card. Stealing the card should add two counters to it, so that it becomes more valuable every time it's taken. But balance of that card does depend on if other investment type cards get printed along with it.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2011 00:13 by direwolf.

More
30 Sep 2011 23:31 - 30 Sep 2011 23:38 #11262 by Juggernaut1981
Shelf Company
Action
1 :pool:
+1 stealth.
Put this card in play. During your untap phase, you may move a counter from an Investment you control to a crypt card in your uncontrolled region.

Insider Trading Newtwork
Action
1 blood
+1 stealth.
Put this card in play. When this card is in play, Investments you control gain +2 counters when they enter play. When this card leaves play burn an investment you control. If this action is successful, this minion untaps.
"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works." Gordon Gekko, Wall Street (played by Michael Douglas)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 23:38 by Juggernaut1981.

More
01 Oct 2011 00:10 #11264 by Wookie813
Personal Finance Manager
Unique Ally
0 strength. 0 bleed. 1 life.
Finance Manager may take a D action to move a counter from an investment to your pool, or to add a counter to an investment from the blood bank. If you control the investment, the action is undirected and at +1 stealth.

-Unique to avoid potential abuse.
-Frees up Master action by allowing the counters to be pulled to your Pool in the minion phase.
-Frees up master slots by allowing Investments to be extended and therefore requiring fewer to be slotted (potentially).
-Free cost but fragile mechanic

I was just now reflecting on how much I enjoy making up card text.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

More
01 Oct 2011 01:59 #11269 by Juggernaut1981
Collateralised Debt Options
Master
2 :pool:
Master. Investment.
You may not control more than one Collateralised Debt Option. Put this card into play with 1 counter for every Master: Location you control. During your untap phase, you may move a counter from this card to your pool. Any minion may take a (D) action to remove a counter from this card. If a Master: Location you control is burned, burn 1 pool. Burn this card when it has no counters.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds