question-circle Pay-to-Print for Cards

01 Oct 2011 01:47 #11267 by Juggernaut1981
I am wondering, who here would be willing to try the following idea for future VTES Expansions released by VEKN.

GMT Games has it's "500 List". Basically boardgames that are no longer in current production can get put on the "500 List" by enthusiasts. People can then pre-order any game on the "500 List". When there are at least 500 pre-orders, then GMT produces a 500-copy print run of the game and then waits for the pre-orders to climb back to 500 before printing the next run.

So:

Would you be willing to **preorder** a box of VEKN-printed Professional Quality Manufactured cards for any future VEKN set, knowing that when the orders reach a high enough level you will get your cards shipped to you?

This is in contrast to just grabbing the PDF, going to Kinkos and then grabbing some spray on craft glue and a paper guillotine to make your own.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2011 04:55 #11275 by Baaliprimogen
Sounds like å good idea. I like it alot.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
01 Oct 2011 06:50 #11278 by Pendargon
I like that a lot, and i am sure my playgroup would like that option...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
01 Oct 2011 22:20 #11298 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards
would like that option very much, compared to the other alternative of printing it yourself.

More
02 Oct 2011 07:56 #11309 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards

Would you be willing to **preorder** a box of VEKN-printed Professional Quality Manufactured cards for any future VEKN set, knowing that when the orders reach a high enough level you will get your cards shipped to you?

Yes, 100%.
Of course it depends a bit on the prices. But I'd rather spend money to get good quality than to print out a PDF.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
02 Oct 2011 08:45 #11312 by porphyrion
splendid idea! as long as rarity is conform the need of the cards (not like touch of clarity, summon history, beast meld, ezmerelda, etc).

when i initially read the title of this thread, i assumed poster meant being able to order specific cards to be printed at a fixed price (no longer holding on to the old sealed booster-principle - which i for one would like even better).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds