question-circle Pay-to-Print for Cards

02 Oct 2011 11:00 #11319 by Juggernaut1981
I'm not even saying that they should be bundled in boosters. The boxes could be designed like starters, like the LCG-formats or as a "complete set" (eg. you get 1 R1, 2 R2 cards, X Uncommons, Y Commons of each card with that rarity)... how they are distributed is almost irrelevant to how they are created.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 13:25 #11324 by Isanwayen
i think this would be the best idea to publish new cards. and i dont really care if they will be sold in boosters or preconstructed card sets.

More
02 Oct 2011 17:32 #11330 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards
I'd be in.

More
02 Oct 2011 17:35 #11331 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards
me too !!

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
02 Oct 2011 17:58 #11332 by SLave
Replied by SLave on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards
Would be more than glad and willing to pay-to-help-print VTES, but only for as long, as it keeps holding on to the old sealed booster-principle. Nothing like the new and increasingly popular notion of having sellected cards printed on demand.

More
03 Oct 2011 03:39 #11343 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Pay-to-Print for Cards

Would be more than glad and willing to pay-to-help-print VTES, but only for as long, as it keeps holding on to the old sealed booster-principle. Nothing like the new and increasingly popular notion of having sellected cards printed on demand.

Well, I don't think the "sealed booster" is going to work either. First of all, I'm for keeping costs down, and that means not randomizing and packaging cards into smaller packages.

Secondly, even buying a couple boxes of boosters may not guarantee getting a complete set of cards. Under the "500" system, after the initial printing... if you didn't get everything you wanted you would have to buy from a very limited pool of independent card sellers or trade for them. You can't just order a box, you would have to wait till 500 orders are made for another printing.

I suggest two possibilities:

1) Rate each card on power level. Buying a set of cards would net a number of each common, uncommon and rare card. (Maybe 4, 2, 1 respectively?)

2) Rate each card on playability (IE how many would a sane person use of a given card in a deck) and use that to base how many of each card in the set.

Either of those two options would allow players to assess how many sets (if more than one) they want to buy to make the decks. Most people will balance costs vs. how many cards they are willing to buy or trade for.

I suppose an advantage of doing random boosters is that it will force people to "overbuy" to insure that the "500" will fill up faster.

But I think either way you will find people willing to buy a few extra sets and sell them. Unless print-and-play cards are legal for tournament play which will lessen the demand and deflate prices for card sellers.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds