file Card Idea: Send a message

07 Oct 2011 13:05 #11616 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

But even more important is fact that by introducing more master cards we are changing the game from multiplayer game full of players interactions to kind of solitaire. When playing masters any interactions are limited to "does any one want to play sudden/wash?". I'm sure that's not the game majority of us would like to play

I agree. We should be very careful with printing more and more master cards. Focus on minions interacting.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2011 16:39 #11672 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message
The original version as posted by the OP is still situational. You would need a quite dedicated combat deck, or very soft targets like Jake Washington, to be able to play it with ease. Then still it only hampers one round of playing masters and you can easily be sitting with it in hand wishing it was another rush instead. I'm rather sure no combat deck would have space for more than 2 maybe 3 of these total.

The card synergizes well because it helps combat decks achieve two things at once.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
09 Oct 2011 07:39 #11684 by Ashur

I'm rather sure no combat deck would have space for more than 2 maybe 3 of these total.

I´d say none would. Giving it a second/alternate effect would maybe make it playable though.

The card synergizes well because it helps combat decks achieve two things at once.

What two things?

More
09 Oct 2011 10:20 #11685 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message
I actually like that card, but I do think it's too situationally useful and thus slightly weak. It blocks one master phase action, which isn't all that a big deal. I assume the purpose of the card is to stop bloating or buildup, but rush decks oust sufficiently slow to make this slowdown not a really big deal. I'd propose something like:

Sending a Message
Cost: 1 blood

Unique. Only usable when the opposing vampire is going into torpor; not usable by a vampire being burned or going into torpor. Put this card on the opposing vampire. You still control this card.

You may burn this card to cancel a master card played by that vampire's controller.

It might need a burn clause, although I'm reluctant to add that because then it'd just be better for wall decks and the last thing we need is wall decks getting better.

More
10 Oct 2011 09:51 - 10 Oct 2011 09:52 #11744 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message
Name: Send a message
Type: Combat/Action modifier
Text:
Combat: Play when opposing minion is burned or going to torpor. Not usuable by a minion going to torpor. The opposing minions controller can´t play master cards during his or her next master phase.
Action modifier: May only be played after combat involving this minion has ended and no new combat is queued. This minion may burn one blood or life to inflict one damage on the opposing minion.

Note that the minion's controller may still use MPA's (liliths, dig with Anthelios, discard masters to remove Tension etc), he/she just can't play master cards during next master phase.

Lackeyname: Kris
Last edit: 10 Oct 2011 09:52 by Khaan.

More
10 Oct 2011 10:50 #11749 by Ashur

Action modifier: May only be played after combat involving this minion has ended and no new combat is queued. This minion may burn one blood or life to inflict one damage on the opposing minion.

Wow. This is a revolutionary effect. Why do you think it´s called for?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds