file Card Idea: Send a message

07 Oct 2011 08:41 #11597 by Tomas
Replied by Tomas on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

I'm not sure if I like the precedent of a combat card preventing others from using Combat cards. I don't mind the idea of it being an OoT Master, or even an OoT trifle... but a Combat card is a bit of a stretch for me.

The thought for it being a combat card is that combat decks usually want to play really few mastercards and this (fame, tension et al) are primarily their method of ousting with the exception of dragonbound which also carry a huge price.

The impact of taking away the ability of playing one master card doesnt in my mind ruins a deck with one masterphase action, which could be used for other things. Anthelios, Liliths for example which see alot of tournament play, but would seriously hamper a deck with lets say 3 master phase actions which is my intent with the card since these decks are the decks that are dominant on the tournament scene imo and that is something that should be adressed cardwise, not by bannings and not by trading your master phase for theirs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2011 08:51 - 07 Oct 2011 09:00 #11598 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

as a master card it would be another master:the eternall struggle card with no background and sense and we are playing vampire!

Well, I've never played the RPG and I am not actually interested in "vampiric" themes of the game. I like V:tES as a great and challenging card game.
I view cards as tools in a deck rather than some odd projection from an imaginary world.

Of card itself:

Send a Message
Type: Combat
Cost: 1 pool

Only usable at the end of combat when the opposing minion is not ready. Controller of the opposing minion loses his or her next master phase action. Only one Send a Message can be played during combat.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 07 Oct 2011 09:00 by Jussi.

More
07 Oct 2011 09:33 #11600 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

Send a message
Combat
Play when opposing minion is burned or going to torpor. Not usuable by a minion going to torpor. The opposing minions controller can´t play master cards during his or her next master phase.

The card is interesting, but a bit too weak. It needs an alternate function, like a +1 strength or maybe press for 1 blood.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
07 Oct 2011 09:36 #11601 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

as a master card it would be another master:the eternall struggle card with no background and sense and we are playing vampire!

Actually I think the "immersion angle" was decent here. You send a message to the Methuselah (ie the master, ie the one in charge of the master cards) by making a mess of his minion.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
07 Oct 2011 09:46 #11602 by Tomas
Replied by Tomas on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

Well, I've never played the RPG and I am not actually interested in "vampiric" themes of the game. I like V:tES as a great and challenging card game.
I view cards as tools in a deck rather than some odd projection from an imaginary world.

Of card itself:

Send a Message
Type: Combat
Cost: 1 pool

Only usable at the end of combat when the opposing minion is not ready. Controller of the opposing minion loses his or her next master phase action. Only one Send a Message can be played during combat.

I like the idea of putting a poolcost on the card to mitigate a strong effect, but removing a master phase action would hit harder against decks with fewer master phase actions which would be the opposite of what we had in mind when we started to discuss a card like this which would be to hamper decks with multiple master phase actions. So i would replace lose a master phase action with not be able to play master cards in his or her next master phase. which makes the card hit harder against liquidation/ashurs and Anson/Nana and the gang.

More
07 Oct 2011 11:56 #11613 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Send a message

WoD Background is one think. IMO all cards should reflect it in some way. But even more important is fact that by introducing more master cards we are changing the game from multiplayer game full of players interactions to kind of solitaire. When playing masters any interactions are limited to "does any one want to play sudden/wash?". I'm sure that's not the game majority of us would like to play

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds