file Card ideas are best at 3 am right?

15 Oct 2011 22:58 #12030 by Randy
After some talking with a friend here are two ideas:

Name: Cloud the Minds
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Chimerstry
Cost: 1 blood
[chi] Reduce a bleed against you by 2.
[CHI] Only usable when a minion controlled by your predator is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. The acting minion is now bleeding your predator's predator.

Buffing Ravnos and it fits pretty nice as a Chi card...

Name: Summoning Ritual
Cardtype: Action
Requires an Bahari vampire. As an aditional cost choose another ready untapped vampire. Tap that vampire.
Search your hand or library for an ally card and recruit it ignoring requirements and paying half the cost for that ally.

Strong card but with a bit of setup, Also fitting for tha Bahari IMO

Name: Demonic ink
Cardtype: Equipment - Contract
Requires an Bahari vampire.
The Bahari vampire with this equipment pays 1 less blood or pool when recruting allies or employing retainers (never less than 0)

All in the Bahari theme again.

Prince of Lidingö

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2011 04:35 #12033 by direwolf
Well, I can't really comment on the Bahari cards, I don't know enough about them.

But the Chimestry card...

At basic, it's hard to say whether paying one blood is enough to reduce a bleed by 2. As for the superior, giving Chimistry a deflection (or in this case a "My Enemy's Enemy") certainly fits in with what is capable with the discipline.

For the inferior I would consider making the bleed reduction only one. Sure, it's not on par with Telepathic Counter, but it does have a good superior version.

Another argument is that the card basically combines the effects of two different card effects we've seen before... Bleed reduction at basic, and deflection at superior.

I think the card could benefit from something new and interesting. I'm at a loss on what could be done with the basic version, but the superior should maybe have a little drawback.

"Cloud the Mind"
(Not a fan of that name btw)
:reaction:
1 :blood:
:chi: Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
:CHI: As above, and tap this reacting vampire. The acting minion is now bleeding your predator's predator.

Currently, no card reduces a bleed AND misdirects it at the same time. It's an interesting concept: It gives your predator's predator the option of attempting to block, while reducing the bleed (which may or may not be desirable depending on the situation.) It does makes the card a little weaker when down to three players.

Now, since Chimistry is made to mess with the table, you could change the inferior to reduce the bleed against any Methuselah.

Anyway, queue up the QQ about how my version is unplayable :P

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
16 Oct 2011 06:22 #12034 by hodgestar

I think the card could benefit from something new and interesting.

This made me think, what if there was a card that bounced half of a bleed? E.g.

Trouble Shared
Cost: 1 blood
Reaction: Only usable when you are being bled. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting vampire's controller. The acting vampire is now bleeding that Methuselah. If that Methuselah is successfully bled this action, you take half the pool loss, rounded down. Cancel the effects of this card if that Methuselah is no longer the target of the bleed.

Roughly half as effective as a traditional bounce card (does half the pool damage to your prey, prevents half the damage to you) and could potentially be given to clans / disciplines that don't currently have bounce.

It probably needs to tap the reacting minion for balance (or at least require a superior discipline to not tap) but I didn't want to muddy the card text of the example too much.

More
16 Oct 2011 07:23 #12035 by drnlmza

Now, since Chimistry is made to mess with the table, you could change the inferior to reduce the bleed against any Methuselah.

Since Ignis Fatuus is already 1 blood to reduce a bleed against anyone at :CHI:, making that effect available at :chi: strikes me as inappropriate.

1 blood to reduce a bleed by 1 seems expensive (even :pre: has free reduce by 1 with Scobax), so the inferior probably does need to be somewhat stronger than that.

Maybe:

1 :blood:
:chi: Only usable after blocks are declined. Reduce a bleed against you by 2.
:CHI: as above, and tap this reacting vampire. The acting minion is now bleeding your predator's predator.

although, with a path in play, the :chi: effect may be too strong, although the "only usable after blocks of declined" restriction is intended to offset that a bit.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
16 Oct 2011 08:21 #12043 by Joscha

Name: Summoning Ritual
Cardtype: Action
Requires an Bahari vampire. As an aditional cost choose another ready untapped vampire. Tap that vampire.
Search your hand or library for an ally card and recruit it ignoring requirements and paying half the cost for that ally.

You surely mean: "As an additional cost choose another ready untapped vampire you control." Pretty strong I think especially if you consider only paying half the cost. I'd make it either ignoring requirements and paying full OR paying half.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
16 Oct 2011 09:01 #12057 by Randy
[/quote]
You surely mean: "As an additional cost choose another ready untapped vampire you control." Pretty strong I think especially if you consider only paying half the cost. I'd make it either ignoring requirements and paying full OR paying half.[/quote]

Yes you are correct, you control is what should be in there...

Prince of Lidingö

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds