file Card ideas are best at 3 am right?

18 Oct 2011 01:03 #12184 by direwolf

Btw, you variant DOESN'T reduce bounce-bleed. The phrase "bleed against you" - should be just "reduce by 1".

A bleed that has been bounced/redirected to you becomes at that time "a bleed against you".
If you indicate only "reduce a bleed by 1", it works for any bleed (including bleed that are not directed at you at all)

I think jAvel presumes that "reducing a bleed against you" indicates that the bleed reduction only affects you.

If I were being bled for 3 and played Telepathic Counter (" :aus: Reduce a bleed against you by 1." the bleed would be for 2. But if I misdirect the bleed after playing the counter, the bleed would revert to 3.

That is a valid interpretation of what the cards say, but my understanding is that the card reduces the bleed. The "against you" indicates that the bleed has to be targeting you to play the card.

If the former interpretation were used, you could in theory play a Telepathic Counter when someone else is bled. It would be reducing the bleed against you (which would only come into effect if it were misdirected to your.)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2011 01:35 #12187 by Juggernaut1981
"Reduce a bleed against you by X" has been interpreted in the past to basically be "Only usable on a bleed directed at you. Reduce the bleed of that action by X."

The "against you" part is to separate the card text of Telepathic Counter from the text of cards like Hide the Heart at :VAL:.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Oct 2011 04:13 #12193 by jAvel
My bad. I haven't played for a while, so my mind tuned for another logic.
I've misinterpetated this with "increase bleed against X meth."
Fixed my text.

Anyway, bleed redirection card for :CHI: should cost 2-3 blood, or 1-2 blood w/o option of cost reduction.
Chimerstry have 3 cards, that reduce its cost. So 1 blood cost is not an option.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds