file Fortitude reaction card

17 Oct 2011 02:36 #12096 by direwolf

I absolutely agree that Fortitude needs good bleed defense.

Weirdest thing I've seen posted here yet. What's the justification?

The Anarchs can do it. Friend of Mine

Then again, THAT doesn't really make sense anyway. Game mechanic-wise, I don't have a problem, but thematically I do.

Fortitude is a selfish discipline. By nature, it only affects the vampire with the discipline. I could see combining it with a mental discipline to "transfer" the effects of resilience onto others.

The issue with that is most, if not all of the mental disciplines have bleed defense.

Untapping against a bleed makes perfect sense, as Ankha suggested. I second his suggestion. As much as I'm not big on giving fortitude bleed reduction, there is precedence, but making it require superior is a good idea.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2011 03:08 #12099 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card

Weirdest thing I've seen posted here yet. What's the justification?

The same reason that the OP gave. I was agreeing with him, after all.

Direwolf/Edward: In WoD, there are several described advanced Fortitude powers that give you protection from mental influences. I had suggested a card in another post called Sensory Shield for Fortitude that would do the same thing as Telepathic Counter except cost a blood. Here is a link to the described advanced powers for Fortitude in WoD: wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Fortitude.

Now, unlike bounce, I think that reduction represents a minion going around and reversing what a bleeding minion does. This goes back to our (in person) conversation several weeks ago when you said you thought that bounce affects resources not the bleeding minion, while I disagreed. I think that reduction does affect resources.

Now, how could Fortitude help protect resources? Your minion with Fortitude could use his invulnerabiltiy to retrieve valuable papers from a burning building, play bodyguard to an important mortal lackey, or otherwise perform clean-up to the damage to a Methusaleh's physical property. Maybe the minion sacrifices his blood to the Methuselah who is running low after being forced to use a lot of disciplines to fend off attacks. Who knows? The cards don't always make perfect sense. For instance, I don't understand from a thematic perspective how Auspex can bounce bleeds, since Auspex doesn't allow you to control minds, only read them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
17 Oct 2011 03:24 #12100 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card
Fortitude already has Steadfastness for bleed defense.

More
17 Oct 2011 03:31 - 17 Oct 2011 03:33 #12101 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card
How about some change to boost this card?

Cardname: Mind of Steel
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
[for] Only usable by a tapped vampire. Only usable during a bleed action against you. This reacting vampire can play reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the current action is concluded.
[FOR] Reduce a bleed against you by X, where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game and tap this reacting vampire.

..and another idea:

[FOR] Reduce a bleed against you by X, where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game and tap this reacting vampire. Also usable by a tapped vampire to burn a blood and play this card. No more reaction cards can be played this action by this vampire.

(idea from "second tradition" card)
So it would be a 1 blood wake agains bleed, or a 2 blood bleed reduction.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2011 03:33 by jAvel.

More
17 Oct 2011 04:48 - 17 Oct 2011 06:07 #12106 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card
You mention making "higher cap samedi/ravnos/gangrel/gangrel anti/daughters decks a bit better". What about adding a "Only usable when a younger vampire is bleeding you"-clause?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 17 Oct 2011 06:07 by Ashur.

More
17 Oct 2011 06:39 #12119 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card
The card is fine. But i don't like the fact it requires fortitude. There should be clear differnces between disciplines. Bleed reduction for fortitude just makes no sense. It's like intercept for potence.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds