file Fortitude reaction card

19 Oct 2011 16:47 #12312 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card
Even if fortitude (freak drive) is great it also happens to be the common factor of a lot of clans who are in dire need of improvement.

So far one of the ideas I've liked quite a lot is the straight reduce to 0. It makes for the same mind games of boosting the bleed or not just like with bounce but it doesn't 'carry on' to the next action modifier like a reduce by X would. Thereby I propose this:

Some fortitudy name
reaction
cost: 1 blood
for: Reduce a bleed against you to 0
FOR: As above, and put this card on the reacting minion. You may burn this card for +1 bleed

Some may argue it reduces for too much on inferior, I say that reduce itself is inherently worse than bounce and that is a non-issue. Other reduction cards are bad and should not be what new competitive cards are measured against.

Lidingö Scourge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Xaddam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2011 17:52 - 19 Oct 2011 17:55 #12317 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card

Even if fortitude (freak drive) is great it also happens to be the common factor of a lot of clans who are in dire need of improvement.

So far one of the ideas I've liked quite a lot is the straight reduce to 0. It makes for the same mind games of boosting the bleed or not just like with bounce but it doesn't 'carry on' to the next action modifier like a reduce by X would. Thereby I propose this:

Some fortitudy name
reaction
cost: 1 blood
for: Reduce a bleed against you to 0
FOR: As above, and put this card on the reacting minion. You may burn this card for +1 bleed

Some may argue it reduces for too much on inferior, I say that reduce itself is inherently worse than bounce and that is a non-issue. Other reduction cards are bad and should not be what new competitive cards are measured against.

I like that card and agree with you. It is clearly inferior to deflection and I would stick with deflections with my Ventrue deck. I would consider adding some of these things to card:
Only one per action (so it adds the mind games you mention, can't play govern -> reduce 0 -> conditioning -> reduce 0)
Make +1 bleed similiar effect as spying mission (burn for +1 bleed when this minion bleeds successful next time)
Tap the recting minion if minion is lower than 6 cap (if weenies are problem)

EDIT Offensive ability with superior is great, straight reduce is boring
Last edit: 19 Oct 2011 17:55 by Surreal.

More
21 Oct 2011 07:37 #12552 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: Fortitude reaction card

No Respect
Reaction
Requires a vampire with capacity above 7.
Only usable if you are being bled for 4 or more pool.

The action fails and the acting minion enters combat with this reacting vampire instead. Tap this reacting vampire.

I see some issues here. First, this is a pretty conditional card; anyone who has held onto an AI for an entire game knows what I mean here! It isn't easily cycleable if it isn't applicable. What's more, if you're in a situation where it's useful, you'll probably want more than a couple of copies - unless your combat is extremely lethal.

Which leads me to the second concern: while this is useful for many decks that run elders, it's most useful for combat decks. That may or may not be a good thing.

Agreed. that's what we're trying here. a choice, whether AI or No Respect, given a specific deck/play style.

We're not trying to suggest a top tier card, just an alternative to what's currently out there. again, just like we have a multitude of wakes/forceds/onthequi/ others.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds