file New Card - Unstoppable Force

24 Nov 2011 21:08 - 24 Nov 2011 21:09 #15865 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump

I like the card, and I disagree with the suggestion that it's too powerful: sending someone to torpor is not a trivial task.

Let's take a quick example : a lasombra deck. Govern + conditionning to bleed, Entombment to put in torpor, this card to still do the 6 pool damage. It look mighty hard, does it ? Since the inferior level is already very playable, it can happen with as a backup plan to every combat type that torpor people.

Yes, you won't be able to do it to every block, but there is a lot of combination to put people in torpor, most of them immune to a significant part of the counter measures.

And, then again, Bruise and bleed does not need this at all. They will perform better when they are already winning, or at least while theirs plan work, but they will still do crap if the opponent out-combat them, or simply does not block.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 21:09 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 21:11 #15866 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump
Guys, continuing the action doesn't mean it can't be blocked again...

I'd add a "the action continues at -2 stealth" clause to make sure there are no abuses though. Let's say that when you fight a guy to death, it gets noticed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
24 Nov 2011 21:38 #15868 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump

Guys, continuing the action doesn't mean it can't be blocked again...

I'd add a "the action continues at -2 stealth" clause to make sure there are no abuses though. Let's say that when you fight a guy to death, it gets noticed.

I like that.

More
24 Nov 2011 21:59 #15870 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump

I can only think of 5 actions a vampire in torpor is allowed to take.
On any of those, either the action fails with no combat or you are diablerized.
All other actions would fizzle since they cannot be taken in torpor.

Well, it's better to precise that you must be ready to play the card. It's alway better to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.

Still, this card is way more powerful than any other "continue your action" card that I know of. You get to put someone in torpor and you continue to act, unconditionaly. It hose blocking big time, without doing anything against other defenses, like bloating or redirect. So this would will just kill wall deck, nothing more.

Putting someone into torpor is unconditionally ? It's huge condition, unconditional is form of mist. I call bullshit on you.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Nov 2011 23:07 #15877 by DeathInABottle
Strike: Combat Ends and Dodge both deal with Entombment. Prevention deals with many other forms of combat. Overcoming those things is not easy, and certainly not easier than playing stealth! You could just play Govern + Conditioning + two stealth cards and avoid combat entirely. This at least opens up new strategies and gives a reason to include more combat in a deck.

More
25 Nov 2011 06:46 #15893 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump

Strike: Combat Ends and Dodge both deal with Entombment. Prevention deals with many other forms of combat. Overcoming those things is not easy, and certainly not easier than playing stealth! You could just play Govern + Conditioning + two stealth cards and avoid combat entirely. This at least opens up new strategies and gives a reason to include more combat in a deck.

You are wrong on two level for me.

First, if your bruise and bleed is either unable to torpor people or unable to know before hand if he is likely to torpor his ennemy, the deck is pretty much wallpaper. Even in the case of a surprise, you can play the card at inf to cycle.

Second, it does not open new strategy at all. If yoiu are blocked abnd torporize vampires with a bruiose and bleed, you are pretty much in optimum position already, since that's more or the less the plan.

Bruise and bleed mostly have problem when either the prey ignore your vampire and bloat or redirect everything, or when you attack a deck than counter your combat in hardcore way. How in hell this card help thoses situation ?

I believe this card is really underpriced, and will not halp the decks it's intended to help ; it may, however, make unexpected deck overpowered.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds