file New Card - Unstoppable Force

24 Nov 2011 20:07 #15854 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump

I can only think of 5 actions a vampire in torpor is allowed to take.
On any of those, either the action fails with no combat or you are diablerized.
All other actions would fizzle since they cannot be taken in torpor.

Well, it's better to precise that you must be ready to play the card. It's alway better to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.

Still, this card is way more powerful than any other "continue your action" card that I know of. You get to put someone in torpor and you continue to act, unconditionaly. It hose blocking big time, without doing anything against other defenses, like bloating or redirect. So this would will just kill wall deck, nothing more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 20:21 #15855 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump
maneuvers, additional strikes, restart combat, the most common clan discipline in the game and already has a continue the action card

More
24 Nov 2011 20:37 #15858 by Ohlmann

maneuvers, additional strikes, restart combat, the most common clan discipline in the game and already has a continue the action card

All cards that autorize this are a lot more costly than that. Like, a LOT. And very few autorize you to damage the blocker ; in fact the only one is the ambulance, that cost 1 pool and 1 action to equip and is burned if you are blocked again.

Also, I would like you to put a little more time to write your sentence. Not everybody speak fluent english, and it's pretty difficult to understand what you say.

More
24 Nov 2011 20:37 #15859 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: New Card - Speedbump
[/quote]Still, this card is way more powerful than any other "continue your action" card that I know of. You get to put someone in torpor and you continue to act, unconditionaly. It hose blocking big time, without doing anything against other defenses, like bloating or redirect. So this would will just kill wall deck, nothing more.[/quote]

Most wall decks have combat and/or bounce, you seem to think sending the opposing minion is a forgone conclusion. Potence is weak against range and fortitude which is the most common combats for wall decks.

More
24 Nov 2011 20:52 #15863 by Ohlmann
And with inferior potence and superior vissicitude ? It may be a potence card, but it does not mean it's reserved to potence combat. And even potence combat can go at close range with slam or help from other discipline, or simply throw sewer lid and fences until you go to torpor.

Additionnaly, the problem of this card that it reward you even more when things already do well for you. That, and being incredibly underpriced by every possible standards. The only drawback of the card is that it do only one thing, while being readily recyclable in wrong circumstances !

More
24 Nov 2011 21:00 #15864 by DeathInABottle
The card makes bruise and bleed more feasible. It gives wall decks a harder time, for sure, but so does Form of Mist or its equivalents, and so does combat in general (in a different way). (And anyway: why are people so concerned to defend wall decks?)

I like the card, and I disagree with the suggestion that it's too powerful: sending someone to torpor is not a trivial task. That said, I could see making it a dual discipline card - maybe :CEL::POT: or :FOR::POT:.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds