file Proposal: Advanced Library Cards for New Set

02 Mar 2012 21:21 #24545 by henrik
Sounds like the planned PDF-set but with old card names.

Personally I think having to remember the current errata enough, giving cards even more text doesn't sound appealing to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 21:29 #24546 by Daidalos
OK, let me rephrase one more time. Imagine the old card - and you would need the actual card, e.g. in this example Don Cruez. You would then print out a small piece of paper, which you would cut out and which would only cover the textbox. You would put the printout in the cardsleeve, or even glue it to the old card, thus rewriting it's old text. There would be the old Don Cruez, and there would be Don Cruez (v) (=virtual).
So this DOES NOT mean adding new text to the old one, but replacing it with new text.
What is harder - remembering a brand new vampire, or the old one with a new special? What gives you more of the "feel" for the game - playing with a rebooted old school vampire or printing out a completely new one?

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
02 Mar 2012 21:32 #24547 by Pascal Bertrand
Point 2 is interesting.
However, it requires permanent knowledge of the rarity of a card. The fact that we have had reprints in VTES makes it awkward, imho. So far, trading only involved "minimum rarity" + power. (that is, a card that dropped from rare to uncommon / fixed is less valuable than a card that remains rare. and bad cards are less valuable than good cards).

More
02 Mar 2012 21:41 #24549 by Daidalos
That is true, in Star Wars CCG there also were reprints, but as far as I know (except for the Death Star II starters) not of this sort. There were white border reprints and foil reprints. Both significantly changing the value of the card. Then there is the problem of card design, which changed three times (Jyhad - V:tes - Camarilla - Anarchs). All of this is I believe still managable.
My point was to (very belatedly) draw attention to this alternative.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
02 Mar 2012 21:45 #24550 by Pascal Bertrand
VTES also doesn't have an icon for rarity. Does SW have it?

More
02 Mar 2012 21:48 #24552 by henrik

OK, let me rephrase one more time. Imagine the old card - and you would need the actual card, e.g. in this example Don Cruez. You would then print out a small piece of paper, which you would cut out and which would only cover the textbox. You would put the printout in the cardsleeve, or even glue it to the old card, thus rewriting it's old text. There would be the old Don Cruez, and there would be Don Cruez (v) (=virtual).
So this DOES NOT mean adding new text to the old one, but replacing it with new text.
What is harder - remembering a brand new vampire, or the old one with a new special? What gives you more of the "feel" for the game - playing with a rebooted old school vampire or printing out a completely new one?

Well, you will add more card text to associate with the card name. With all errata and changes that has been made I feel that there's enough for each card as it is now.
And honestly, I'd say changing my memory of a current card would be harder and also feel more confusing than learning a new card name and associated card text.
Regarding the feel of the game I'd rather see new cards with new artwork (which seems possible thanks for volunteers).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds