file Card Idea: Baal's Caress

02 Dec 2011 11:06 - 02 Dec 2011 13:00 #16765 by Lech
Baal's Caress
:qui: :combat: 1 :blood:
Not usable after strikes are chosen during this strike resolution.
:qui: The opposing minion gets -1 strength for the duration of this combat. He or she can't use ranged strikes and melee weapon strikes if his strength is below 1.
:QUI: Damage from this vampire's next hand or melee weapon strike is aggravated.

Nice card that make :qui: combat bit better.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 13:00 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 11:27 #16768 by Pendargon
I like it. i really like it. Weapon hoser / trap related tech at inferior, good combat boost on superior. kinda wallpapers Baal's bloody talons, though talons do aggravate weapon at inferior though...

I am not getting this part : Not usable after strikes are chosen during this strike resolution.

I think it can be worded better...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
02 Dec 2011 11:46 #16771 by Ohlmann
Great card idea, all in all.

It does remind me that non-strike combat card have no range requirement by default.

As written and played at inferior, it seem to disallow the use of Kraken Kiss or superior Earthshock when you are at close range. Is it the intent ?

As written, I would believe that it disallow combat end, since they are ranged. Is it intended ? In particular, .44 magnum + blur + this card seem pretty potent, and the superior level make it a valid replacement to psyche.

More
02 Dec 2011 11:51 #16773 by Pendargon

As written, I would believe that it disallow combat end, since they are ranged. Is it intended ? In particular, .44 magnum + blur + this card seem pretty potent, and the superior level make it a valid replacement to psyche.

I do not believe it is meant to read like that. I believe it reads : He or she can't use ranged WEAPON and melee weapon strikes if his strength is below 1.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
02 Dec 2011 12:52 - 02 Dec 2011 13:00 #16779 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card Idea: Baal's Caress
Ranged strike if you have strength below 1. So it hose earthshock a bit if you don't play torn/preternatural/play with minions with 2+ strength. It is intended. Both of those have strength boosters like horrid form (who play kraken's kiss without it), so it's minor hoser (as earthshock is played mainly by minions who play torn etc).

About 'not usable ...' clause, it's there to make sure you don't do 'ok so i strike with hand' 'hand' 'mine is aggravated' - you can do this with baal's bloody talons, so it don't wallpaperise it (as it also increase damage by one, and WWS are easy to replace afterward).

It's good card, worse than carrion crows, but what is better ?

It would get wordy if i would list exceptions, sadly cards don't have keywords on strikes like physical or mental or magic. It would help a lot, but it's too late to do it, IF someone would start it from the ground, it would be possible to make more themed cards.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 13:00 by Lech.

More
02 Dec 2011 13:04 - 02 Dec 2011 13:05 #16781 by Boris The Blade
Since there is a Path to reduce the cost of :qui: cards, the inferior should probably be limited to once per combat.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 13:05 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds