file Card idea: March to War (melee weapon related card)

06 Dec 2011 13:54 #17245 by Ankha
Another idea to improve usability of melee weapons.

(see topic www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/15794-card-idea-my-best-friend-melee-weapon-related-card)

Name: March to War
Cardtype: Action modifier
Discipline: Celerity
Only usable after an equip with a melee weapon action is successful.
[cel] Untap this acting vampire.
[CEL] As above, and this vampire may enter combat with any ready minion as a (D) action this turn.

It allows you to save an action to get that melee weapon. The interesting thing is that once you have one minion equipped with a melee weapon, any other of your minions may equip that weapon and use March to War to get the rush. (So basically, it becomes a rush once you have at least one melee weapon in play).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech, Ohlmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 14:01 #17246 by Ohlmann
I love it. I had a somewhat similar idea, but this version seem a lot better, since it does not have the rules problems linked to trying to stuff both equiping and other thing in one action.

More
06 Dec 2011 14:37 - 06 Dec 2011 14:37 #17250 by jAvel
Not so good as it could be. I'm not talking about game balance, but who will play this card? Assamites? !Salubri are fans of melee weapons, but they don't have celerity.

How about some variants:
a) Only usable after an equip with a melee weapon action is successful.
-- any weapon. Would this overpower gun combat too much?

b) [cel] Put this card on the acting minion. This minion can burn this card to enter combat with any ready minion as (d) action. A minion can have only one March to War.
[CEL] As above, and untap this minion.

-- switched effects. Side effect: if action to enter combat from this card is blocked, card isn't burned.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2011 14:37 by jAvel. Reason: miswrite

More
06 Dec 2011 15:10 #17251 by Ankha

Not so good as it could be. I'm not talking about game balance, but who will play this card? Assamites? !Salubri are fans of melee weapons, but they don't have celerity.

Anyone that want to play melee weapons and can't (just because it's plainly inferior to playing .44 magnums).

How about some variants:
a) Only usable after an equip with a melee weapon action is successful.
-- any weapon. Would this overpower gun combat too much?

I wouldn't bring back balance between melee and ranged weapons.

b) [cel] Put this card on the acting minion. This minion can burn this card to enter combat with any ready minion as (d) action. A minion can have only one March to War.
[CEL] As above, and untap this minion.

-- switched effects. Side effect: if action to enter combat from this card is blocked, card isn't burned.

No.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Dec 2011 15:12 #17252 by Ohlmann

Brujah and toreador, in addition to Assamite, could use it. For them, a Bang Nakh or a poker plus this card would (hopefully) be a valid option to replace Heroic Strength or Art of Pain.

Adding gun to the mix mean that melee weapon would still be very weak. Why equip a sword and not a .44 if even this card work for melee weapon ?

More
06 Dec 2011 15:16 #17253 by Lech
Melee combat will always be inferior to hand strike combat, but this card is nice.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds