file Card idea: March to War (melee weapon related card)

07 Dec 2011 12:33 - 07 Dec 2011 12:33 #17420 by Ankha

I'm not comparing a melee weapon to a strike card. I'm saying that if you want to use melee weapons and add the required infrastructure to your deck, it's in 99% of the cases better to just play strike cards in those cardslots and end up with a better deck.

That's why melee weapons need to be strengthened

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Dec 2011 12:33 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 13:03 #17429 by Lech

That argument can be repeated for every deck that fights. Combat decks just kill eachother.

Melee weapons are bad because they cost the same amount of pool as ranged weapons, give no additional advantage (such as the maneuver on a gun) AND leave yourself open to hitback. On top of all of that they need deck infrastructure to actually be equipped too. Like, when you consider playing 6 Bang Nakh's and 6 Concealed Weapons, you might as well play 12 melee strike cards and have the exact same effect except it doesn't need 2-card combo's to work making it less fragile and not costing pool.

Many strike cards work at both ranges and/or aren't affected by immortal grapple. Melee are way less reliable it's unable to even be used fairy often.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
07 Dec 2011 13:06 - 07 Dec 2011 13:06 #17430 by Ohlmann

Many strike cards work at both ranges and/or aren't affected by immortal grapple.

I can't see a strike that work at range AND are unaffected by Immortal Grapple.

But that's true that the equipement destruction card are a bit too powerful for melee combat, since they already need to deal with maneuver without being cheaper than guns.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2011 13:06 by Ohlmann.

More
07 Dec 2011 19:18 #17477 by Lech

Many strike cards work at both ranges and/or aren't affected by immortal grapple.

I can't see a strike that work at range AND are unaffected by Immortal Grapple.

But that's true that the equipement destruction card are a bit too powerful for melee combat, since they already need to deal with maneuver without being cheaper than guns.

My bad, i was going to list other equipment hosers as well, not just immortal grapple.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds