file Ankha's Crypt: Tzimisce Gr 5-6

19 Dec 2011 18:29 #18853 by Ohlmann

In VTES, Koldunic Sorcery tends to be represented by :VIC: (not :THA:).

I would argue that koldunic sorcery is not represented at all, in fact. Maybe Read the Wind (AUS / ANI), but I can't see any card that represet the koldunic spells in VtES. Except thaumaturgy card, but then again most of what Kolduns could do is what Tremere can do, with some additional warghouls.

Not that there is a strong reason to represent it. Kolduns are not very important in modern-day tzimisces, and are hard to represent in VtES card as something special. Theirs works with !Tremere, for Blood Brother creation for example, being the principal workeable idea. (and i does not hought of it before Ankha)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 18:59 #18860 by echiang

In VTES, Koldunic Sorcery tends to be represented by :VIC: (not :THA:).

I would argue that koldunic sorcery is not represented at all, in fact. Maybe Read the Wind (AUS / ANI), but I can't see any card that represet the koldunic spells in VtES. Except thaumaturgy card, but then again most of what Kolduns could do is what Tremere can do, with some additional warghouls.

Name: Root of Vitality
[Gehenna:C, Third:PTz]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Vicissitude
+1 stealth action.
[vic] Rescue a vampire from torpor.
[VIC] Move 1 life counter from the blood bank to an ally who has fewer life than his or her starting amount.
Artist: Joel Biske

Name: Starvation of Marena
[Gehenna:C, Third:PTz4]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Vicissitude
[vic] Strike: 2R damage, with an optional press.
[VIC] As above, but for 3R damage.
Artist: Randy Asplund

Velya the Flayer has Koldunic Sorcery 8
Kazimir Savostin has Koldunic Sorcery 3
Lady Zara Slatikov is a Koldun
Duality is a Koldun
Laika is a Koldun

None of these vampires have any Thaumaturgy.

I'm not saying this is the "right" (or "wrong") way to represent Koldunic Sorcery. It's just how LSJ and White Wolf chose to represent Koldunic Sorcery.

And for the record, Consignment to Duat, Thrones Crumble, The Jones (Setite Akhu or Sorcery) all appear as a Serpentis cards. Loss (Dur-An-Ki) appears as a Quietus card.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
19 Dec 2011 19:10 #18862 by Ohlmann

Duality is a Koldun
Laika is a Koldun

How it is supposed to be known for thoses three ? I can't find them in RPG supplement and I am not aware of VtES - specific background for any vampire.

More
19 Dec 2011 19:11 #18863 by DeathInABottle

Just an attempt to complete the groups 5 & 6. (TBC)

Name: Buzzsaw Jim
Clan: Tzimisce
Group: 5
Capacity: 5
Discipline: ani aus VIC
Sabbat: Jim may burn a bleed action card from your hand to enter combat with a ready minion as a (D) action.

My favourite of the bunch. A built-in Deep Song? Yes please!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molloy, Ankha

More
19 Dec 2011 19:36 #18868 by echiang

Duality is a Koldun
Laika is a Koldun

How it is supposed to be known for thoses three ? I can't find them in RPG supplement and I am not aware of VtES - specific background for any vampire.

Lady Zara Slatikov is from Chaining the Beast.
Duality is from The Red Sign.
Laika is from Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised, Guide to the Sabbat, and Revised Clanbook: Tzimisce

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
20 Dec 2011 08:07 #18902 by Ankha

Some koldunic love ? Or just random thaumaturgy ?

Dr. Bratovitvh would be more playable with !tremere gargoyles, so you don't have to mix with Camarilla to have backup. Or give him some fortitude.

More non-random thaumaturgy rather than Koldun (I avoided the koldun vampires on purpose). I thought it could give new options to Tzimisce, and they would team up with the already existing Stephen Bateson.
Concerning the Tremere angle, it's dictated by Dr. Bratovitch's background:

Dr. Bratovitch True name Brun Bratovitch, Childe of Sir Bratovitch. Brun is sixth generation embraced secret member of the sabbat hiding in Worcester Ma. inside the Camarilla as a member of House Tremere. Brun has stolen the knowledge of Thaumaturgy at level seven with six paths. Currently working on the creation of Gargoyles with Bio-thaumaturgy and vicissitude.

There is little use for Bratovic's special since BE stays in play at superior. How about playing them for free instead?

I thought about it. Currently, you can discard a TE and play it later from your discard. Playing them for free mean you can create a panzer gargoyle, but it would require lots of actions anyway, so I guess playing them for free is ok.

How about VIC plus another in-clan superior for midcaps?

There's Martha Long. The crypt isn't complete yet, but apart from group 2, there's not many 5-cap with two clan disciplines at superior. I'll add a 6-cap later that will have them.

Feels a bit title-light, in addition to what Izaak already said.

Hedeon and Jack could be Bishops, true.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds