file New Crypt Card: Alessandra Cordata

05 Jan 2012 21:52 #20014 by Drain

I am a big fan of :AUS::OBT: so she can play Shadowed Eyes, and maybe even play with Bruce de Guy. You could replace :POT: with :for::pot: to push the synergy further.

I could, but I really wanted this one to have just the one out of clan. Also, downgrading her POT would take away some of the bite she needs when blocking. She shares 3 superiors already, it should be enough.

I like the idea of a vampire who plays with boons, but it feels a bit wasted on her since she has no use for Major Boon. Maybe keep it for a vampire without :AUS: or :dom:?

Major Boon and Deflection are definitely not mutually exclusive. Usual tactic goes like this: you deflect a casual bleed into your prey and play the Boon there, earning you a bleed soak card that forwards the paycheck straight to your prey instead of someone else, something not possible when you're not packing bounce.

Also, she needed a blocky discipline to play around with the other Boons and ANI was out of the picture.

Theme-wise, I do feel like someone who thrives on boons should be more oritented towards PRE than AUS. But I'm not sure at all if that would unbalance the vampire in some way, I'm just talking about general theme-feeling here. Actually, thinking about it this vampire would probably be a total monster with PRE...

I know what you mean and I agree... to a point. Thematically it feels 100% appropriate (and I did mention she could have been Toreador), but there is the problematic aspect of Presence being so powerful. You go about designing the vampire as it is but opt for the PRE instead of, let's say, DOM. The rational player will probably glaze over the whole Boon angle and say: "screw that, I'd rather just Villein + Awe + V.Cap" and he'd be right. I didn't want to design something whose point would be automatically sacrificed for the sake of efficiency, with the minion being played like any other boring PRE stealth voter from yesteryear.

First off, I like the idea of utilizing boons more, but it really feels that such an ability should belong to a Camarilla vampire (since the Camarilla focuses so much on their system of prestation) than a Sabbat one.

Agreed, Eric. I was, however, under the impression that most Elders adhered to the Boon system, regardless of sect, might I be mistaken?

Always nice to hear your feedback, gentlemen, keep it coming. :)

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 23:01 - 05 Jan 2012 23:04 #20020 by miketheknife
I like it. In general, i tend to agree with your designs, very well balanced and with lore background.

I just would change AUS to aus-for, so she could fit in with ventrue! cript, enabling some sabbat Lasombra-Ventrue! power vote deck.

Cheers!! Keep those designs coming!
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 23:04 by miketheknife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Jan 2012 00:10 #20038 by Lech
Like the :laso: , main reason why they are not so good for politics is lack of vote push discipline. For thematic reasons, :dom: should work as one, but in game :dom: is already strong enough.

:laso: already have decent g2 crypt for politics, sure it isn't mid-cap ventrue crypt from g3-g4 (who designed it and why lasombra don't have 6 cap archbishop already?), and sabbat don't have good political cards to play, or other reasons for playing titles (like 2nd tradition), but it's not bad either. Also, unlike ventrue, they have "wasted disicpline". Potence just isn't as good as :for:

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Jan 2012 06:43 #20069 by Ohlmann

Agreed, Eric. I was, however, under the impression that most Elders adhered to the Boon system, regardless of sect, might I be mistaken?

Well, the sabbat does not revolve too much around having elder, but more around killing elder.

More seriously, Camarilla vampire tend to worry more about their reputation and consequently are more likely to uphold their boons. But both side tend to usually know the value of trust and sometime betray because it's too tempting.

More
06 Jan 2012 09:30 #20082 by Bayou

In the source material I do believe that there have been a total of 5 regents during the existance of the Sabbat, Melinda Galbraith (!Tor), Sha-Ennu (Tzi) and three Lasombras.

Since a long time ago, i have curiosity for the reference books of Sha-Ennu (and Marthe Dizier). Are they in some book? (I asked in the past in the white-wolf forums and nobody knew).

:SER: *:abom: *:fose: *:visi: *:doca: *:laso: *:ahri: *

More
06 Jan 2012 12:36 #20099 by echiang

First off, I like the idea of utilizing boons more, but it really feels that such an ability should belong to a Camarilla vampire (since the Camarilla focuses so much on their system of prestation) than a Sabbat one.

When it comes to true elders, sect means very little. Most of them were around long before sects existed, many of them continue to associate with former acquaintances (even if they are now in a rival sect), many of them are mainly involved in their chosen sect to use that sect to further their own ends.

But generally, the Sabbat really is *not* very good about the prestation system. I recall several sourcebooks mentioning how Setites strongly prefer to deal with the Camarilla, who are *far* more likely to live up to their boons, as opposed to working with the Sabbat where getting a boon repaid is much more tenuous.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds