file Political action (for Sabbat?): Sacrifice for the leader

10 Jan 2012 08:11 #20451 by jamesatzephyr

Younger sacrificing to the Elder boss...
Sacrifice for the Leader
Political Action :political::action:
Requires a Sabbat vampire.
Choose a titled older vampire with less blood than this acting vampire. Transfer all the blood from this acting vampire to the chosen vampire and put this acting vampire in torpor. The acting vampire cannot gain blood or pool from any action modifiers during this action.

The only particular advantage this has over Rave is that it could give the blood to a vampire in torpor.
Rave -- Type: Action -- Cost: None -- Text: +1 stealth action.
Move as much blood (or life) and/or equipment from the acting minion to any ready vampires you control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 14:12 - 10 Jan 2012 14:15 #20469 by Joscha

I would add inquisitor to the requirement and "a meth can play it once each game", that could make it similar to giant's blood.

And to make it a real "sacrifice": "the acting vampire takes 1 aggr. damage at the end of the action"

Cheers!

I like the idea of this card as long as it doesn't work too easily or cheaply. Another version might be...

Purity in the Ranks (there is already a card called sacrifice)
Political Action
Requires a Sabbat Vampire
Select another sabbat vampire. If this referendum is successful, that vampire gains blood to his or her capacity. Sabbat vampires get an additional vote during this referendum. If this referendum fails or is cancelled during the action, burn this acting vampire.

(The above version probably has too much text, but may have some good ideas)

Another possible requirement to deal with a common complaint right now, which is recursion:

Like Reinforcements- "Remove this card from the game, even if the action is canceled or blocked or the referendum fails."

I think we must be careful not to make a card that is wallpaper right away. I see the bloat-problem, but we rather just forget about the card than make it unplayable. I would never add that card if my vampire would burn because of a failed vote or a delaying tactics. The aggravated damage after the succesful referendum is cool and fit the background, but is still too drastic and makes the card not worth adding to a deck.

I like the remove from game-clause to prevent recursion or a once-per-game to prevent multiple playing of that card. The transfer X from another minion is a good idea too, but I'd make it possible regardless if the target has more blood or not. I mean it is not damage and 'just' blood transfer, that nobody puts in torpor right away. If this card is playable just once per game you maybe even could leave out Jugger's 'no action mod. during this action'.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 10 Jan 2012 14:15 by Joscha.

More
10 Jan 2012 21:28 #20536 by Juggernaut1981

Younger sacrificing to the Elder boss...
Sacrifice for the Leader
Political Action :political::action:
Requires a Sabbat vampire.
Choose a titled older vampire with less blood than this acting vampire. Transfer all the blood from this acting vampire to the chosen vampire and put this acting vampire in torpor. The acting vampire cannot gain blood or pool from any action modifiers during this action.

The only particular advantage this has over Rave is that it could give the blood to a vampire in torpor.
Rave -- Type: Action -- Cost: None -- Text: +1 stealth action.
Move as much blood (or life) and/or equipment from the acting minion to any ready vampires you control.

Actually, it also works cross-table. So you can prop up a cross-table GPrey or GPred if you wanted.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Jan 2012 10:30 - 12 Jan 2012 10:36 #20677 by jAvel
Move blood between your vampires is boring idea. I think this card should fulfill 3 criteria: a Leader, a Sacrifice and some usefullness.
For example, "leader" - gain blood / gain pool. "Sacrifice" - 1 agg damage to caller. "Usefullness" - minion damage / pool damage.

Sacrifice to the Leader
Political action. Require sabbat vampire.
Choose a titled sabbat vampire and assign up to 2 points between two other minions. Chosen titled sabbat vampire gains 3 blood, acting vampire takes 1 aggravated damage, and each minion with a point assigned either takes 3 unpreventable damage or his controller burns 2 pool.

- gain 3 blood
- torporize own minion
- deal 6 minion damage or 4 pool damage
Last edit: 12 Jan 2012 10:36 by jAvel.

More
12 Jan 2012 12:30 #20699 by Boris The Blade
There is a bug in your wording: you cannot do pool damage to a player with no minions. Better word it like Revolutionary council:

Sacrifice to the Leader
Political action. Require sabbat vampire.
Choose a titled sabbat vampire and allocate 2 points between two other minions and methuselahs. Successful referendum means that the chosen titled sabbat vampire gains 3 blood, the acting vampire takes 1 aggravated damage, each minion takes 3 unpreventable damage for each point assigned and each methuselah burns 2 pool for each point assigned.

More
12 Jan 2012 14:12 - 12 Jan 2012 14:13 #20704 by jamesatzephyr

There is a bug in your wording: you cannot do pool damage to a player with no minions.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's quite nice if powerful political actions have a built-in self-limiting mechanism. e.g. it's hard to chain multiple Parity Shift in one turn without passing your opponent's pool total.

A powerful political action that is good in the early game but trickier in the late game (when all the vampires are dead) would be a pretty neat thing to have, so it might require you allocate points to ready vampires, or ready minions.

On the flip-side, you can also have cards that are okay in the early game but great in the late game - Foreshadowing Destruction being a good example here. The DOM level is unplayable until you get people low-ish on pool, and then it can be great. A political action that was a bit 'meh' in the early game, and pretty strong in the late game, would be neat too.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2012 14:13 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds