file Political action (for Sabbat?): Sacrifice for the leader

12 Jan 2012 14:19 #20705 by Ashur
I rather see new cards that ousts people than more bloat.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2012 14:48 #20707 by Pascal Bertrand

On the flip-side, you can also have cards that are okay in the early game but great in the late game - Foreshadowing Destruction being a good example here. The DOM level is unplayable until you get people low-ish on pool, and then it can be great.

All you have to do is wait till its down to 3 players, have your Govern + Conditioning bleed against your prey at 9 deflected to your predator, play Foreshadowing, and look at that player wondering if eating that bleed for 6 wouldn't be a good idea after all.

More
12 Jan 2012 14:52 #20708 by Ohlmann

A powerful political action that is good in the early game but trickier in the late game (when all the vampires are dead)

Let's be honest : usually, if your prey have no ready minion, you don't need this vote to destroy him. Except if really you have no bleed capability.

More
12 Jan 2012 15:02 #20711 by jamesatzephyr

All you have to do is wait till its down to 3 players, have your Govern + Conditioning bleed against your prey at 9 deflected to your predator, play Foreshadowing, and look at that player wondering if eating that bleed for 6 wouldn't be a good idea after all.

*burps*

More
12 Jan 2012 15:04 #20712 by jamesatzephyr

Let's be honest : usually, if your prey have no ready minion, you don't need this vote to destroy him. Except if really you have no bleed capability.

Well, having a good vote (or other good action) will speed things along. A prey on 8 pool may take a couple of turns to eat through, giving your grand-prey unnecessary time to prepare, and so on.

That's why, from a design perspective, I quite like cards that force you to make interesting choices - do I play a lot of these, and maybe choke on them? do I discard this now? do I call it on my grand-prey, but that means my prey doesn't get ousted just yet?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds