file Political action (for Sabbat?): Sacrifice for the leader

09 Jan 2012 13:12 - 09 Jan 2012 13:22 #20367 by Surreal

That way?:
Sacrifice for the leader
Requires a Sabbat vampire.
Allocate X points among one or more ready vampires, where X is half the capacity of the acting vampire (rounded up). No more than 3 points can be allocated to each vampire (?). Successful referendum means each vampire moves 1 blood to the acting vampire for each point assigned.

Or something like:

Sacrifice for the leader
Political action
(Requires an Archbishop, Priscus, Cardinal, Regent)
Choose a Vampire who has more blood than this acting vampire. Allocate X of that vampires blood between 1 or more other Vampires, where X is half the capacity of the acting Vampire (rounded up). Successful referendum means the chosen Vampires loses that blood, and it is allocated as you announced.

EDIT: I just don't like that this card would make villeining your own vampires heavy even more important. Maybe add clause "This vampire takes 2 damage if this referendum fails" so villeined vampires with 1 blood end to torpor.

EDIT Would cool to make that card also political hunt action if rules allow that.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2012 13:22 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2012 13:27 #20368 by miketheknife
I would add inquisitor to the requirement and "a meth can play it once each game", that could make it similar to giant's blood.

And to make it a real "sacrifice": "the acting vampire takes 1 aggr. damage at the end of the action"

Cheers!

More
09 Jan 2012 14:23 #20372 by Brum

I would add inquisitor to the requirement and "a meth can play it once each game", that could make it similar to giant's blood.

And to make it a real "sacrifice": "the acting vampire takes 1 aggr. damage at the end of the action"

Cheers!

This would make the card balanced, usable, fun, strong and Sabbat-like.
First version and second version are just... broken bad.

More
09 Jan 2012 14:54 - 09 Jan 2012 14:55 #20376 by brandonsantacruz

Cheers!

I like the idea of this card as long as it doesn't work too easily or cheaply. Another version might be...

Purity in the Ranks (there is already a card called sacrifice)
Political Action
Requires a Sabbat Vampire
Select another sabbat vampire. If this referendum is successful, that vampire gains blood to his or her capacity. Sabbat vampires get an additional vote during this referendum. If this referendum fails or is cancelled during the action, burn this acting vampire.

(The above version probably has too much text, but may have some good ideas)

Another possible requirement to deal with a common complaint right now, which is recursion:

Like Reinforcements- "Remove this card from the game, even if the action is canceled or blocked or the referendum fails."

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 09 Jan 2012 14:55 by brandonsantacruz. Reason: changed card text

More
09 Jan 2012 16:53 - 09 Jan 2012 16:54 #20380 by jamesatzephyr

Wow, wouldn't that be cool? But that even makes it stronger, isn't it? Because not only your minion gets blood, other minions are losing it.

That way?:
Sacrifice for the leader
Allocate X points among one or more ready vampires, where X is half the capacity of the acting vampire (rounded up). No more than 3 points can be allocated to each vampire (?). Successful referendum means each vampire moves 1 blood to the acting vampire for each point assigned.

I've been tossing a very similar idea around in my head for a while, as an obvious alternative to Parity Shift.

In my head, it required a significant title (possibly including Seraph, which isn't actually a title), and perhaps used the same X = Methuselahs calculation as Parity Shift. A capacity-based option is probably okay, although it remains strong in the end game.

I wasn't happy with the ability to repeat this so much, though. Personally, I'd want a restriction that made it a strong play in small quantities, but possibly self-limiting. Once per turn still feels a bit easy. Maybe a "Put this card on this acting vampire. A vampire who has a Card Name on him cannot take the Card Name action." That doesn't feel quite right either.

I might also restrict it to taking blood from vampires who are younger than the acting vampire.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2012 16:54 by jamesatzephyr.

More
09 Jan 2012 21:26 #20404 by Juggernaut1981
Elder stealing from Younger Version...

Sacrifice for the Leader
Political Action :political::action:
Requires an Inquisitor, Seraph or Cardinal
Choose a younger Sabbat vampire controlled by another Methuselah which has more blood than this acting vampire. Transfer X blood, where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game, from the chosen vampire to the acting vampire. The acting vampire cannot gain blood or pool from any action modifiers during this action.

Younger sacrificing to the Elder boss...
Sacrifice for the Leader
Political Action :political::action:
Choose a titled older vampire with less blood than this acting vampire. Transfer all the blood from this acting vampire to the chosen vampire and put this acting vampire in torpor. The acting vampire cannot gain blood or pool from any action modifiers during this action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds