file Card Idea: Corkage

11 Jan 2012 01:17 #20564 by Pullen
Card Idea: Corkage was created by Pullen
Corkage
Master.
Investment.
Unique.
Put this card on a ready vampire you control. Every time this vampire successfully hunts add a counter to this card. The number of counters on this card can not exceed 3 or the capacity of this vampire, whichever is lower. During your untap phase you may tap this vampire to to burn this card and gain pool equal to the number of counters on this card.

I think this could be another alternative to Blood Doll for multi-action decks or decks with a lot of smallish vamps(3-6 caps). A pool cost of one could be added to in and the counter size upped to 4 to keep it from being abused by winnes.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 04:17 #20567 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage
Have you been playing a Mr. Noir / Journal of Hrorsh / hunt for 50 pool deck lately?

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
11 Jan 2012 06:39 #20577 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage
No, but that does sound fun, I was just thinking another master that we could use instead of Blood Doll/ Vessel but still be baseed around longer term investment instead of Villein/MT. The draw backs are sound and it's more for specialized decks.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
11 Jan 2012 12:17 - 11 Jan 2012 12:18 #20594 by jamesatzephyr

During your untap phase you may tap this vampire to to burn this card and gain pool equal to the number of counters on this card.

I'd be tempted to make this something like:
During your untap phase, you may tap this ready vampire...
or
During your untap phase, if this vampire is ready you may tap...

It's probably also worth considering whether Rabbat is an issue - a potential for 2 pool per hunt action is quite a lot. Along similar lines, Vulture's Buffet. I'm not sure that either would be overwhelming problems, but Rabbat in particular could be quite decent.

If you could get a Secure Haven (or similar) onto the vampire, it might also be a cause for concern.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2012 12:18 by jamesatzephyr.

More
11 Jan 2012 12:24 - 11 Jan 2012 12:27 #20596 by Pascal Bertrand
Rabbat isn't an issue, imho.
There's already the Temptation trick with her.

And then it really becomes insane if you also clan Imp her to Salubri and give her that Journal of Hrorsch.
I did than once or twice. Gained 25 pool in a single turn.

I'm more concerned with Blanch Hill.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2012 12:27 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
11 Jan 2012 12:37 #20597 by jamesatzephyr

Rabbat isn't an issue, imho.
There's already the Temptation trick with her.

And then it really becomes insane if you also clan Imp her to Salubri and give her that Journal of Hrorsch.
I did than once or twice. Gained 25 pool in a single turn.

Could you outline how that works? A single copy of Temptation will only allow Rabbat to untap once per turn - so she could hunt twice.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

I am also mildly concerned by the possibility for piling up more and more benefits from a hunt action, topped off with a Secure Haven for protection.

I'm more concerned with Blanch Hill.

Anyone with perma-untap could do something similar - Rutor's Hand being the obvious one, but also things like Nu or Clotho's Gift.

Blanch is, obviously, quite decent capacity-wise for the trick.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds