file Card Idea: Corkage

11 Jan 2012 13:34 #20599 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage
I tend to be opposed to each and every new bloat card. So, I don't think it's too much of a good idea ; also, it's not really better than a blood doll (1 pool/turn max, the doll help refill your vampire, only real advantage is to generate pool instead of transfering)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 13:36 #20600 by Pascal Bertrand

Rabbat isn't an issue, imho.
There's already the Temptation trick with her.

And then it really becomes insane if you also clan Imp her to Salubri and give her that Journal of Hrorsch.
I did than once or twice. Gained 25 pool in a single turn.

Could you outline how that works? A single copy of Temptation will only allow Rabbat to untap once per turn - so she could hunt twice.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

The other 6 temptations.

The DOM decks bleeding me had to burn all their cards to reduce my pool. When I was in danger of beeing ousted on the next turn, I performed 8 hunts with Rabbat and burned the Journal before the bleed that would oust me (== when below 10 pool).

More
13 Jan 2012 01:32 #20788 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage

I tend to be opposed to each and every new bloat card. So, I don't think it's too much of a good idea ; also, it's not really better than a blood doll (1 pool/turn max, the doll help refill your vampire, only real advantage is to generate pool instead of transfering)

It's not meant to be better then Blood Doll, it's meant to be another option, I personally think the options for Master Phase pool gain is a flawed three tiered system, with Blood Doll and Villein as the top 2 options, Minion Tap and Vessel next for specific decks, then the rest for very special decks. I also would like a more playable investment, as short term and long term are so slow and non-interactive, their kind of boring an hard to make useful.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
13 Jan 2012 06:40 #20796 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage

It's not meant to be better then Blood Doll, it's meant to be another option,

But if the card is playable, it will be better than blood doll in some case, so adding it is eother problematic because bloat is already too present, pr pointless because it's only abused in some specific deck.

And quite frankly, the decks that will tap a vampire multiple time to gain pool are not likely to be offensives powerhouse.

More
13 Jan 2012 09:18 - 13 Jan 2012 09:21 #20816 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Card Idea: Corkage
i see obvious combo with Wall Street Night, Financial Newspaper
- 2 actions to gain 1 pool (yeah, not so good as blood doll, but you can combo it with blood doll)
- investment card is infinite
and with Alan Sovereign
- one minion works for investment
- Alan (adv) buys all that nice stuff. And investment doesn't exhaust.
- Alan (merged) makes +1 pool each master phase. Double efficiency with Blood Doll (one hunt - 2 pool)
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 09:21 by jAvel.

More
13 Jan 2012 12:30 - 13 Jan 2012 12:31 #20828 by jamesatzephyr

But if the card is playable, it will be better than blood doll in some case, so adding it is eother problematic because bloat is already too present, pr pointless because it's only abused in some specific deck.

That's a little narrowly focused, IMO.

Imagine a (hypothetical) new bloat card was attractive to some very weak archetypes at the moment (ideally making them much more playable), but which wasn't attractive to the top tier of play. It wouldn't necessarily increase the amount of bloat in the game, just its diversity - the player who would have played StrongArchetype+BloodDoll is now playing WeakArchetype+NewBloat.

The trick, of course, is finding a niche that helps out some decks without overpowering others.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 12:31 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds