file Card type idea: Master - Flaw

21 Jan 2012 17:32 - 21 Jan 2012 17:34 #21368 by LunaSlave
was just thinking about the whole Merits and Flaws thing in character creation - and thought that maybe they might make for some interesting card ideas. At first, I thought maybe they would just be good to place on ready vampires, but I sorta like the idea of playing them on uncontrolled vampires, so when you bring them out, they immediately have the flaw/merit in question, sorta like simulating fresh character creation.

Forgive my very poor templating, I hope that the idea is clear, though. I could only think of flaws off the top of my head:

Just as an example:

Stereotype
Unique Master. Flaw.
Put this card on an uncontrolled minion. While this non-titled vampire is controlled, he or she gets -1 stealth and cannot attempt political actions. This card remains in play, even when the vampire is in the uncontrolled region.

Bela in a Master card, basically.

Here's another.

Victim of the Masquerade
Unique Master. Flaw.
Put this card on an uncontrolled minion. While this vampire with capacity below 6 is controlled, flip a coin during his or her controller's untap phase. If the flip is tails, this minion cannot play cards or take actions that require a clan, vampire, or discipline until his or her controller's next untap phase. This card remains in play, even when the vampire is in the uncontrolled region.

So basically, because you don't know what you're placing the card on, there's a good chance that these cards don't do anything at all. But the effect is hopefully powerful enough to make up for it.

Any thoughts on this?
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 17:34 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:11 #21375 by Ohlmann
Vampires are unique and theirs flaws are directly printed on them.

Also, it's too random, both too weak to be usually played, and game-breaking when it work correctly.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:28 - 21 Jan 2012 18:30 #21381 by Drain
I agree with Ohlmann. The randomness, the utter-hit-or-complete-miss nature of the cards and the fact that the Vamps already come with (balanced) inherent flaws make this idea unnecessary.

Drain
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 18:30 by Drain.

More
21 Jan 2012 23:48 #21403 by LunaSlave
Yeah, the randomness was the part I felt least sure about. What about getting rid of that, and just putting them directly on a vampire, straight up, with a pool cost attached?

More
22 Jan 2012 02:43 #21413 by Juggernaut1981
I'm not sure why you want to put 'hosers' on vampires. Isn't there enough other ways for vampires to interact without attempting to nerf a vampire immediately? Why not just Sense-Dep, Pentex, Mind of a Child or any number of other things you could do to make someone cry about their recently wasted 9 pool on a vampire that didn't get to do anything...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
22 Jan 2012 05:12 #21421 by Pagan
Please no more coin flipping in a card game.

Although, I'd kill for a Chaos Orb.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds