file Card type idea: Master - Flaw

23 Jan 2012 19:00 - 23 Jan 2012 19:01 #21559 by Jeff Kuta
Possible flaws:
Sterility: This vampire is sterile.
Adolescent: This vampire has -1 capacity.
Permanent Fangs: Mortals get +1 intercept against you.
Enemy: Choose another ready vampire. Vampires of the chosen clan get +1 strength against you in combat.
Red Listed: This vampire is red list.

[Flawname]
Master. Trifle. Flaw.
Put this card on a ready vampire you control. You may search your library for a Master:Archetype or Master:Discipline card and place it on this vampire. Shuffle library after. [This vampire has flaw negative ability.] A vampire may only have one of the same type of flaw.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 23 Jan 2012 19:01 by Jeff Kuta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2012 22:55 #21581 by LunaSlave

Possible flaws:
Sterility: This vampire is sterile.
Adolescent: This vampire has -1 capacity.
Permanent Fangs: Mortals get +1 intercept against you.
Enemy: Choose another ready vampire. Vampires of the chosen clan get +1 strength against you in combat.
Red Listed: This vampire is red list.

[Flawname]
Master. Trifle. Flaw.
Put this card on a ready vampire you control. You may search your library for a Master:Archetype or Master:Discipline card and place it on this vampire. Shuffle library after. [This vampire has flaw negative ability.] A vampire may only have one of the same type of flaw.

Jeff, this seems like the most elegant version yet, by far. I like the flexibility it allows. Also, Ohlmann, your criticisms are valid, but I guess the idea was to try to take a relatively unexplored area of the RPG and see what could be done to make it work in the CCG. I won't disagree with you that it's perhaps one of the less explored areas FOR A REASON. ;)

More
24 Jan 2012 11:01 #21594 by jamesatzephyr

[Flawname]
Master. Trifle. Flaw.

Placing discipline cards in non-standard ways allows you to avoid their restrictions. In particular, this would let you play Abombwe on anyone.

I'm not sure that's a massive problem, but I'm not sure it's intentional either.

More
24 Jan 2012 12:10 #21599 by jAvel
For not to avoid restrictions, just place "the vampire must meet the requirements" text.

More
24 Jan 2012 13:53 #21607 by Jeff Kuta
Good point by james and good possible solution by jAvel.

Since this flaw is a trifle, the Archetype or Discipline could probably just go to your hand with the assumption being that you'll put it on the same vampire that just became afflicted with the flaw. Problem then is that you could put flaws on Embraces and Archetypes/Disciplines on good vampires. Hm. I guess a bit of extra card text never hurt anyone. ;)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
24 Jan 2012 13:58 #21609 by Ohlmann

Since this flaw is a trifle, the Archetype or Discipline could probably just go to your hand with the assumption being that you'll put it on the same vampire that just became afflicted with the flaw.

I am still unconviced of the playability of the concept. Neither archetypes nor discipline are played all that often, and while I am sure there is deck that use more than one type of thoses cards, I am not sure it's worth cluttering the deck and trifle action with way to fetch them one by one.

What strategy would benefit from flaw in your opinion ? Do you support the idea because it look fun, because it support a specific strategy, because it's what lack archetypes or disciplines ?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds