file Card type idea: Master - Flaw

23 Jan 2012 16:26 #21533 by Miasmat
It'd be neat to see the Flaw allow a second Archetype to be put on a minion. "Sure, you get an extra benefit, but it'll cost you this minor disadvantage."

Master: Trifle Flaw
Put this on a ready minion you control. Search your library or hand for a Master: Archetype and put it on this minion. This minion can have an additional Archetype, but never two of the same. This minion has [some minor bad effect].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2012 16:29 #21534 by Ohlmann
Do you often feel the need of playing multiples archetype on a vampire ? If no, maybe the whole concept is just useless.

More
23 Jan 2012 16:31 #21536 by Miasmat

Do you often feel the need of playing multiples archetype on a vampire ? If no, maybe the whole concept is just useless.

I'm pretty sure it's always be Perfectionist + Something else.

More
23 Jan 2012 18:02 - 23 Jan 2012 18:11 #21549 by LunaSlave
Thanks for the input on these ideas, everyone. The more that I think about it, flaws are used during character to creation to create more interesting characters, but also to pick up more points during character creation... :)

I like the idea of working with the archetype cards, but when I think of flaws, I think of merits and/or more points to work with during character creation in order to pick up things like disciplines....which gets me thinking of cards like Legendary Vampire...as it sort of works during 'character creation' ;)

So what about something like this, where the merit and flaw actually interact with each other in the same card text? I also like using coinflips... :)

Victim of the Masquerade
Unique Master: Trifle. Flaw.

Put this card on an vampire in your uncontrolled region. When this vampire moves to the ready region, choose up to two disciplines he or she has at the basic level. While controlled, this vampire gains an additional level of those disciplines.

While this vampire is ready, flip a coin during his or her controller's untap phase. If the flip is tails, this minion cannot play cards or take actions that require a clan, vampire, or discipline until his or her controller's next untap phase. This card remains in play, even when the vampire is in the uncontrolled region.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2012 18:11 by LunaSlave.

More
23 Jan 2012 18:16 #21553 by Ohlmann

Thanks for the input on these ideas, everyone. The more that I think about it, flaws are used during character to creation to create more interesting characters, but also to pick up more points during character creation... :)

That's exactly the problem with the card hereafter : you try to take one of the worst aspect of the RPG (min maxing) to apply it to a card game. It make no sense at all : defectives peoples like your camarilla victim are more likely to be weaker than stronger than your average vampire.

Also, don't forget that master is supposed to be personnal intervention of an elder and / or antediluvian. I can see Mithras trying to teach domination, or even finding a teacher for celerity, to one of its pawn ; I frankly don't see why anyone sane would try to transform a vampire into an asocial freak so it have more time to learn disciplines, because it's self defeating.

You don't create characters in VtES. They already exist with theirs defaults and quality, and you enlist them.

So, in my opinion, quit trying to shoehorn too much a bad aspect of the rpg in the card game. Trying to make archetype more playable is laudable ; trying to put an artificial aspect of the rpg in the card game is bad.

More
23 Jan 2012 18:30 #21555 by Joscha

Victim of the Masquerade
Unique Master: Trifle. Flaw.

That could be the right way. But for me I never would add the card because I hate to rely on luck to get things done. I mean with a chance of 50 % my vampire is doing nothing of interest in my turn. I think that is too bad.

That said I like the idea with the minor weaknesses for fetching an archetype. The question remains what minor weakness would you take for the benefit of fetching an archetype as the latter are not that strong anyway.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds