file Card Idea: Protection of the Pack

19 Feb 2012 21:11 #23537 by Klaital
Well I am sure most people can agree that !gangrel is one of the clans that most needs help, and they have sort of a diablerie theme going, so I thought about a card that would help them in making that a bit more reliable and efficient.

Protection of the Pack
Clan: Gangrel Antitribu
Unique Master
Cost: 2 Pool
Put this card in play. All bloodhunts called against Gangrel Antitribu receive X votes against, where X is the number of ready Gangrel Antitribu. You may tap this card when a Gangrel antitribu you control burns a minion to gain 1 pool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2012 21:18 #23538 by Juggernaut1981
I'd make it closer to a "Redeem the Lost Soul" effect.

Protection of the Pack
!gang!
Unique Master.
2 pool :pool:
Put this card in play. During bloodhunts called on a Gangrel Antitribu !gang!, you gain X votes, where X is the number of Gangrel Antitribu !gang! you control. You may tap this card after a successful diablerie by one of your Gangrel Antitribu !gang! to gain pool equal to half the capacity of the diablerised vampire.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Feb 2012 23:41 - 19 Feb 2012 23:50 #23570 by Boris The Blade
It sounds good but I am afraid it will not work that well in practice. Since the card costs 2 pool, it will only fit in a specialized Diablerie deck. In such a deck, you need to play several of it to make sure you draw it. If you dedicate several master slots to cancel diablerie, then Gangrel conspiracy already does the job at no pool cost and with a better card flow.

To solve the card flow problem, I would rather see an action than a master:

Protection of the Pack
Action
Requires a Gangrel Antitribu
(D) Enter combat with a vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of the combat and the opposing vampire goes to torpor, the acting vampire can diablerize the opposing vampire. If he does so, he gets X additional votes in the following blood hunt referendum, where X is the number of ready Gangrel Antitribu you control.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2012 23:50 by Boris The Blade.

More
20 Feb 2012 00:19 - 20 Feb 2012 00:22 #23592 by Klaital
I like Boris' idea, though in that case the name should probably changed to something like hunting party or pack hunt or something like that. Although I think it should probably be at 1 stealth, taking in it is limited to only targeting vampires and requires a clan.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 00:22 by Klaital.

More
20 Feb 2012 03:06 #23604 by Juggernaut1981
Protection of the Pack
!gang!
Action Modifier/Combat :modifier::combat:
Only usable during a bloodhunt referendum or a combat when the minion opposing this ready Gangrel Antitribu !gang! is not ready. Not usable by a vampire going to torpor.
:modifier: The Methuselah controlling this minion gains X votes during the bloodhunt.
:combat: Diablerise the opposing minion and as :modifier: above.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Feb 2012 03:53 #23607 by Klaital

Protection of the Pack
!gang!
Action Modifier/Combat :modifier::combat:
Only usable during a bloodhunt referendum or a combat when the minion opposing this ready Gangrel Antitribu !gang! is not ready. Not usable by a vampire going to torpor.
:modifier: The Methuselah controlling this minion gains X votes during the bloodhunt.
:combat: Diablerise the opposing minion and as :modifier: above.

That looks good also, although I think it should be playable as a reaction also so you can play it if you block someone leaving torpor and diab them. and I think the text needs a bit of rewriting, I think it should be like this.

Action Modifier/Combat/Reaction :modifier::combat::reaction:
Only usable during a blood hunt referendum against this Gangrel antitribu (usable even if there is no action), or in combat when the opposing vampire is not ready, not usable by a vampire going to torpor or being burned.
:modifier::reaction: The Methuselah controlling this vampire gains X votes against the bloodhunt, where X is the number of ready Gangrel antitribu he/or she controls. Usable by a tapped vampire.
:combat: Diablerize the opposing vampire and as :modifier::reaction: above.

That would look good, then it would basically be slightly better amaranth for !Gangrel.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds